Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BCCH Adjacent frequency

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Alex

In some cases I see adjacent frequecies of BCCH frequency by TEMS pocket which is whitout any Cell ID.When I lock on these frequency,MS couldn’t find the network.Also RxLev of them are very good.
    My question is :
    1-Why there is such this adjacent freauency?
    2-If it is because of a faulty in hardware,which part of RBS may cause it?

Thanks

pix

TEMS can measure the adjacent frequencies of the serving frequency. It will just measure the RXLEV, not taking care about which cell uses this frequency (as far as i know !).

When you lock on this frequency, you should be to camp on it and setup a call … if this is a BCCH frequency !

Are you sure it’s BCCH ?

If it is BCCH, then which cell is it ? maybe the cell is too far, or suffer very very bad interference in the area where you try to perform this drivetest.

Alex

Thanks Pix,
    Suppose we are near a cell with a TEMS and we know the BCCH of it,for example BCCH=25.
    I mean MS not only measures this ARFCN(25)and camps on this cell but also MS measures two adjacent frequencies which are 24 and 26.
    There is no any external interfernce.I found it by changing the BCCH (for example to 32) so I could see two adjacent frequencies again (which are 31 and 33).
    What is your idea now?

Pix

Alex,
    What you are explaining is correct. I don’t really understand your problem ๐Ÿ™‚

What do you mean by external interfernce ?

Adjacent channels will interfer the BCCH 25 only if they are received 6 to 9dB stronger than the freq. 25.

resonance

dear alex

if interference is high than you r not able too decode the bsic of any particular bcch and you will not be able to make call on that bcch. is that explain your problem

Alex

I mean two adjacent frequencies(ARFCN-1,ARFCN+1)of BCCH frequency(ARFCN)propagate from antenna so I can visit them by TEMS but I couldn’t camp on.
    I guess there would be a problem with Antenna or RBS(but I don’t know which part of RBS also).
    Hi Pix,
    this site is a stand-alone site and there is no any interference around it.

rf fan

Hi Alex,
    Frist you must check your measurement equipment. May be you phones are broken …

If everything is OK and this happening only few BTS’s , may be there is a problem with BCCH TRX. (Bad RF fiter or someting else).

Do you have declared adjacent’s with ARFCN +/- chanel on this cell ? If you don’t have, but your phone measure ARFCN +/- , problem is clear ๐Ÿ™‚

pix

alex, can you give some numerical values :
    rxlev(arfcn-1)=
    rxlev(arfcn)=
    rxlev(arfcn+1)=

if there is no other GSM cells than this cell, then there are three possibilities :
    – external interferer (army radars ?)
    – faulty BTS (leaky rf filter, as suggested by rf fan)
    – faulty TEMS (or TEMS with undesired behaviour, to be politically correct…)

Alex

Thanks rf fan and Pix,
    I am sure that problem comes from faulty RBS because I changed the BCCH number but the situation was the same.
    By the way,Which part of RBS may cause this peroblem?

BR,
    Alex

rf fan

I suspect BCCH TRE – but next step (if this doesn’t resolve problem) are to replace ANC ….

pix

i’ll not answer any other question if you don’t give me the rxlev values ๐Ÿ˜€

but i’m surprised that radio frequency leaks so strongly on adjacent channels… that’s why i’m asking the values..
    when you check out other BTS, the adjchannels are weaker ?

Alex

Hi,

Pix,
    Suppose I am under BTS and measuring the BCCH’s frequency,so results are as belew:

BCCH Freq.(ARFCN=25) ….RxLev=-37 dbm
    Adj1 Freq.(ARFCN-1=24)…RxLev=-41 dbm
    Adj2 Freq.(ARFCN+1=26)…RxLev=-40 dbm

rf fan,
    What do you mean about “ANC” ?

rf fan

Combiner + Equalizer + SomeFilters and control blocks in our vendor is in Block called “ANC”.

Wich is your vendor ?

Alex

Hi rf fan,

Ericsson is vendor here.

Pix

Alex,

ANC meanss Antenna Network Combiner (in alcatel-lucent).

Thx for the values… interesting problem.

Have you activated the SFH perhaps ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.