Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

update of calendar via GSM

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jovet

Hi all,
    do you know if some system information or some other L3 message
    (possibly by CBCH) delivers broadcast the calendar info (year/month/day/hour/etc…, in some standard format) on the cell ?
    Thx in advance

jovet

Ok,
    I found the feature NTIZ.
    Even if this does not seems briadcats, but dedicated to a single mobile

Pan

Dear, Jovet!
    NTIZ (may be NITZ?). NITZ is carried on BCCH. It’s contains information about Network Identification and Time Zone.
    vCalendar object – is EMS feature and carried in SM_TP_message (see 3gpp 23.040).
    vCalendar object is user dependent information and can not carried in CBS_message.
    Best regards, Pan

jovet

Hi Pan,

yes I mean NITZ, sorry.
    But I found it in “MM Information”, so it seems that this is sent by the network in a dedicated channel, not broadcast.
    Did you find something different. Ia m interested in that case.
    Regards,
    jovet

Pan

Yes, Jovet. You are right. I was mistaken. Really NITZ info is carried in MM_Information_message in dedicated mode (04.008).

roopa

Hi all,

i have enabled ‘Network Operator time’ as ON in my Nokia H/S and i find that in some places in the same timezone, the time is showing wrong, like 5 hours ahead or 1 hour behind the correct time…I believe the NITZ is set somewhere wrong. Could it be the MSC or BSC or SGSN ??? Also does anyone know the commands to check it in a Ericsson node…

Pan

Dear, Roopa!
    Probably there is wrong GMT (time shift relatively Greenwich) setting on your network or your Nokia handset.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.