Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Automatic Antenna Tilting

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gio

Hi all.

Has anyone heard of automatic antenna tilting (i.e. automatically adjusting electrical tilts during different times of the day)? I have heard that something like that is used from some operators in Japan. Any information or articles etc would be very appreciated.

Toto

Hello, Yes its used and the controller is used in the shelter where the power is also taken from there , i have no much information, but also its existing in Pakistan ..

Regards

Rami

Hello,,,
    All what I heard about is the remote antenna tilting where you can install a remote unit just at the screw of electrical tilt antenna and controlling the tilt will take place from the OMC. This unit is powered via the feeders with a T-bias technique…

Regards,

Gio

Thanks for the replies. I know about Remote Electrical Tilting (RET) and I am working in networks that are using it mailnly for the 3G. But I was wondering if somebody knows about shedulled tilting..Tilting automatically changing during busy hours during the day etc.

Thanks

J

nokia bts has output wire that could run to an relay that could operate a servo to control the antenna actu. This could be set up on a daily script ran from the OSS>

most acu are IP based so you may be able to remote into them and make the changes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.