Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

HO du to Uplink signal stregth

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    ahmad

dear
    can any body help about HO due to uplink signal strength and what is the solutions ( Dactive Uplink PC,????)

pix

well, if PC thresholds and HO thresholds are set to default values, then a high amount of UL SS HO means that you probably have path unbalance.
    Check your hardware at BTS side, it is probably a TRX problem.

ahmad

pix
    can you specify generally HO threshold parameters.

pix

ahmad,

can you list down your parameters, and i’ll whether they are good or not 🙂

ahmad

pix
    HO parameters are.
    1- DL Quality threshold,UL Quality threshod.
    2- DL Quality thrsh for interference HO the same as for UL.
    3-DL RX level thrsh for Interfernce , the same as for UL
    the values for first item is 6.5 for both DL and Ul, for second item is 6 and for third item is for UL is -95dBm and for DL -85dBm.

pix

the item 3 is the RXLEV below which there is a HO due to DL/UL signal strength ?
    And above this value, it is considered as a interference HO if the RxQual is above 6, is it ?

The item 3 is set quite high, normally you should have -93dBm for DL and -103dBm in UL. So perhaps those thresholds overlap with your Power Control’s parameters ? What are the lower thresholds of UL and DL PC ?

Regards,
    Pix

ahmad

Pix
    FOR PC
    DL RX level lower thrsh is -80dBm and UL RX levl lower thrsh is -85dBm.

pix

ahmad,

ok.. well, it looks like the PC thresholds and HO tresholds are set correctly. I just think the HO signal strength are too high.

Anyway, can you check the TRX Path Balance for each TRX of this cell ?

Rami

Hello,
    When you mention HO due to uplink signal strength, it menas that the MS reaches its’ level on UL for HO. There is a window for which the MS will either power up or down to stay within this window. and I think the DL and UL (items # 1 & 2 are too high, try to reduce it) thresholds are high.

Are you facing this case insdie the city or in rural areas?

Regards,

ahmad

Rami
    when item 1,2 is changed there was alot of improve both for RX quality and HO what to mean by reduce if I reduce it mean I loss my improvement in the network

Rami

Hi Ahmad,
    I was just confused, it is on a scale of 1-100…you are right!

Please check SSDESUL, and if it is set to high values such as -75 dBm try to bring it to -85 or -90 dBm. Please try this in steps and not as one shot in order not to affect the network.

You should check as well QDESUL, it should have a value of 20-30 dtqu depending on you how much clean is your frequency plan.

Good Luck

GM

Given that no equipment is broken:
    If you calculate the power budget (Linkbudget) for up- and downlink carefully you will find in many cases an imbalance. Either the uplink or the downlink is weaker. If the HO due to signal strength is enabled, you can easily see wheter the uplink- or downlink path is weaker – there will be more handover shown in the statistics. If necessary in coverage limited planning scenarios, a tower mounted pre-amplifier can be used to improve the uplink.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.