Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

RACH Error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    NSNR

While i was doing city drive of a town in my cluster i find lots of RACH error. Can any body tell me it is the reason behind it……… One more thing i would like to know i somebody write above that RACH Failur could be because of CO-TCH/BSIC case….does it happen only in the case of base band hopping or it will impact in the Synth hopping…….. Pls Reply.
    BR//

pix

what is “RACH error” exactly ?

the RACH is on the BCCH timeslot, and don’t forget that this timeslot will NEVER hop, whatever your hopping type on other timeslots (bbh or sfh)

NSNR

But i was saying if we find CO-BCCH and BSIC then could this happen.

pix

what would happen ? rach error ? but i still don’t know what it is.. you need to enlight me 🙂

ako

are you using TEMS? I also got this error message during drive test and it is not only in 2G but 3G as well. It happened during call setup. I still have no explanation on this error, as there are no blocked calls when it occured. I suspect that it is site related since it is confined to a site and clears as we moved on to another site, but don’t take it as it is since we are still investigating it.

Ahmed Sabry

RACH error is not DL message, Its due to TEMS timer not entered correctly – Don’t look at it! Its fake message

AliAsgher

Ahmed is correct. RACH Error is just a TEMS terminology used in case of initiating Command Sequence.

A RACH error is triggered because no RRC Connection Request was sent after initiation of a voice call by a command sequence.

Pratap

Boss i ahve also experienced this once with tems kit and found that the Ater media was down from respective BSC to MSC.
    Pls check and confirm whether this was the problem at the time of RACH error.
    Its an UL channel and goes with BCCH i.e ur signalling channel should keep working(on air) in order to make this channel(request) to reach respective VLR.
    If anything doesn’t work in between MS and VLR ,then this error can come even if BCSU,MCMU cards of respective BSC are over thresholds and also in very worst radio condition which is usually called Ghost error.

AliAsgher

Dear Pratap,

From MS point of view, if anything was wrong between MSC/BSC or anywhere it will not matter. The MS will try MAXRET times to access the channel and request for signalling channel. If failed it will give you a “Blocked Call” message.

RACH Error’s description is what I have stated earlier. It is just a TEMS terminology.

Regards,

Ezc

Hi, I would like to talk with somebody about TEMS. I work with Data Collection, but I would like to learn more. Thanks!!!

P.D: I don`t speak english, just a little. I`m from Venezuela and is really difficult find people who knows about TEMS in my country!

Pix

Welcome here !
    Don’t worry about english… with you, we will talk the TEMSglish. 🙂

Ezc

Hi Pix!!! Thanks!!! Do you work with Data Collection???

Pix

Hi,

I used to do drivetests, a long time ago 🙂 Is that what you call data collection ?

Ers

Hi Ezc…
    Hi Pix…

Im so interested to discuss about TEMS (especially in TEMSglish lang)..

What version of TEMS you use ?? TEMS 7, 8 or 9??

AliAsgher

Dear Ers,

I have used TEMS 8.0.3 and TEMS 8.1 too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.