Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Immediate channel assignment failure

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    samar

Can any one please explain me what are the reasons for immediate channel assignment failure?

pix

congestion of the sdcch channels
    dummy channel requests
    hardware/software failure (especially TRX or signalling board at BSC side))

or, more obviously
    poor radio coverage
    high radio interference

samar

Thanks pix.

peyo

or phantom rach.

in case of causes mentionned by Pix you should see repeated rach. of course its not easy to identify because rach repetition (managed by max_retran in term of number) keeps in some ways the random aspect of Rach. Which bss is it?

pix

dummy channel requests = phantom rach

peyo

ok 🙂

SAMAR

Hi Pix/Peyo,

Pix, according tour points I have checked the site and I didn’t found any High Interference there and also signal strength is around -45dBm to -50 dBm. Yes according to my BH report SDCCH congestion is 35% there before available SDCCH was 24 now it’s 32 but doesn’t make any difference.

Actually in that site only one sector is having this problem other two is clear. Basically I am RF Engineer. I don’t know much about Hardware or software. I can only say that we are using SIEMENS 240xl BTS there and 120 HC SIEMENS BSC.

Can you please tell me how to check the dummy channel requests??

Please give me some light on this issue.

Thanks
    SAMAR

SAMAR

One thing i forgot to mention. We check both HW (replacing combinder and CU) and SW(DB file) but we didn’t find any error.

samar

Hi Pix,

Waiting for your opinion.

Ater

hi SAMAR. Do you have customer claims ( what kind of claims)?
    How high is the voice traffic in the cell.
    How high is the GPRS traffic in the cell ( do you have dedicated PDCHs on that cell?)

samar

Hi Ater,

Yes customer claim there is like they are having “No connection error” In there MS.
    Voice traffic is not so high. Utilization is around 30%.
    We are not using dedicated PDCH and also traffic is very less as it is in a rural area.

Ater

If there is no high voice, SMS or GPRS traffic, no interference, if its not a LAC border and the neighbour cells are fine. There is no reason for SDCCH congestion
    There are a lot of parameters in siemens that impact on the immediate assigment procedure. But it seems ( this is a hunch) that you are experimenting configuration problems. You should contact your vendor or try a drive test and see what you find in there. Please let me know how you have solved the problem

pix

i would have suspected, as ater said, sdcch congestion due to location updates or phantom rach. Check what is the cause of sdcch traffic : loc upd, imsi detach, sms, call setup ?? you should be able to find this “split” in your indicators.

other thing : what is the sdcch traffic in erlang at the busy hour in your cell ?

samar

Hi,

The problem was solved after replacing the hardware (CU)

Thanks to all for helping me.

SAMAR

pix

hi samar,

glad you fixed the problem. Just one thing, when you said :

“One thing i forgot to mention. We check both HW (replacing combinder and CU) and SW(DB file) but we didn’t find any error.”

you got us working based on wrong information…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.