Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Remote Transcoder Failure

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Toomas

Has anyone with Siemens GERAN experienced Dropped Call Rate increase by “Remote Transcoder Failure” in large amounts?

Toomas

We have had in quite many BTS’s the “TRAU Failure” and the only solution for fixing the problem has been SW restart of the BTSM.
    Vendor is suggesting to check transmission but it seems to be strange that after restart the problem disappeares – is the transmission “fixed” with SW restart ๐Ÿ™‚ ?!
    Anyway it is strange.

pix

which vendor is it ?

Toomas

Siemens ๐Ÿ™‚

pix

ok, so i can’t help on this one, sorry ๐Ÿ™‚

there is certainly a SW issue, as you’re suspecting, but it’s always difficult for a vendor to communicate about this…

Toomas

I also suspect that it is some kind of SW bug.
    Also, it is strange that this problem always appeares in certain timeslots only and not in entire E1. If I lock these faulty TSL’s then everything is OK.

So, thats why I am asking if anyone else has experienced this kind of fault in their network, because if it is SW bug then it should appear in many networks.
    There is also possibility that it can be something in our transmission netwok aswell.

Mario

What BR version are you running? I have experienced this on BR7.0…Its rather strange and as you said problem disappears as soon as we reset BTSM. However it is very sporadic and couldn’t find any pattern yet. Two weeks time we’re upgrading to BR9 so hopefully we’ll get that sorted out….we’ll see

Toomas

Mario – so what has been the cause of this problem, have you found any? as a solution have you also restarted the BTSM every time?
    We are running on BR8 and the same problem appeared also in BR7 so I am very negative regarding that BR9 or newer SW will fix this problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Mario

Toomas – We didn’t manage to find the root cause of the problem. As i said, a solution to this is to restart the BTSM. I will keep you posted when/if we manage to solve it with BR90 (although it does not happen that often).

Toomas

Mario – did you open also Fault Report about it towards the Siemens?
    If yes, then what was their answer?

Kishore

can anyone clarify what is ” Remote transcoder failure ” in Ericsson G10B BSC .. we are getting this error when there is heavy call drop in BTS sites. how to resolve this…..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.