Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Different Paging Load on same LAC

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Story

The cells of the same LAC have 2 different sets of values of paging load. Initially, it was not this way, and the valeus started being different like 4 weeks ago.
    I know this is not normal, and would like to know what could be the problem.

pix

Hello Story,

I’m going to reply to you with even more questions 🙂

cells of same LAC … and same BSC ?

if different BSC, it has to do with paging retries performed in the MSC : first Paging Request is performed in the LAC only, then second retry can be on all BSC’s using this LAC, or on all cells, etc.

Therefore,it could lead to different Paging Requests per cell, within same LAC and different BSCs.

But you’re talking about PAGING LOAD.. well, are you sure all your cells have the same Paging capacity in the first place ? Non combined BCCH ? How many CCCH blocks allocated for PCH ?

Regards,
    Pix

Story

All the cells are ie same BSC, all of them not combined BCC, and 4 CCCH blocks for PCH

pix

can you perform some Abis traces on the RSL’s of different cells ? you should be able to find where are the differences.

i could list down some possibilities, but i can’t know if one of them is correct :
    1) GPRS paging is done per RAC, on the PCH. So cells from same LAC but different RAC will have different paging requests.

2) due to the Gs interface (SGSN – MSC), the CS paging go through the SGSN, which can point the paging onto one specific cell only, if the MS is in GMM READY MODE.

3) CS paging repetition on only some cells (due to RSL congestion, or PCH congestion, maybe it leads to retransmission of the paging ?)

4) some software failures ?

…???

5) different paging types (IMSI or TMSI paging) depending on the cell.. (???? sounds impossible.. !!!)

Anar

hi,

can you help me in timers?
    i have MSC paging timers and i want to see BSC&Lac paging timers also.

which timer can show me this values?

karuna

Hi
    We want to know one of my observation that I found that PSR is good wherever paging delete command having in a LAC and PSR is poor wherver no deletion are there. Can you suggest me what could be the reason and what should be the paging attempt in LAC.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.