- This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years, 7 months ago by karuna.
4th June 2008 at 15:24 #52665StoryGuest
The cells of the same LAC have 2 different sets of values of paging load. Initially, it was not this way, and the valeus started being different like 4 weeks ago.
I know this is not normal, and would like to know what could be the problem.4th June 2008 at 18:36 #52666pixGuest
I’m going to reply to you with even more questions 🙂
cells of same LAC … and same BSC ?
if different BSC, it has to do with paging retries performed in the MSC : first Paging Request is performed in the LAC only, then second retry can be on all BSC’s using this LAC, or on all cells, etc.
Therefore,it could lead to different Paging Requests per cell, within same LAC and different BSCs.
But you’re talking about PAGING LOAD.. well, are you sure all your cells have the same Paging capacity in the first place ? Non combined BCCH ? How many CCCH blocks allocated for PCH ?
Pix12th June 2008 at 13:57 #52667StoryGuest
All the cells are ie same BSC, all of them not combined BCC, and 4 CCCH blocks for PCH12th June 2008 at 20:11 #52668pixGuest
can you perform some Abis traces on the RSL’s of different cells ? you should be able to find where are the differences.
i could list down some possibilities, but i can’t know if one of them is correct :
1) GPRS paging is done per RAC, on the PCH. So cells from same LAC but different RAC will have different paging requests.
2) due to the Gs interface (SGSN – MSC), the CS paging go through the SGSN, which can point the paging onto one specific cell only, if the MS is in GMM READY MODE.
3) CS paging repetition on only some cells (due to RSL congestion, or PCH congestion, maybe it leads to retransmission of the paging ?)
4) some software failures ?
5) different paging types (IMSI or TMSI paging) depending on the cell.. (???? sounds impossible.. !!!)14th August 2013 at 07:26 #52669AnarGuest
can you help me in timers?
i have MSC paging timers and i want to see BSC&Lac paging timers also.
which timer can show me this values?2nd October 2014 at 17:08 #52670karunaGuest
We want to know one of my observation that I found that PSR is good wherever paging delete command having in a LAC and PSR is poor wherver no deletion are there. Can you suggest me what could be the reason and what should be the paging attempt in LAC.