Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

RAB Drop Problem

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Nitin

Hello,

Can any one explain what are the reasons behind RAB drop in UMTS?

Regards,

Nitin

John

I would say the reason is either coverage or sw bug, typically.

Nitin

Hi John,
    Thanks for the reply,

I had checked missing neighbours, coverage, S.C etc. But it looks like ok. I had seen RAB drop rate heigh in many cells. So except sw bug, is their any other possibility for RAB Drop?

Regards,

Nitin

John

Hi,

Of course the drop can also happen due to some BTS issue, pre-emption, integrity check failure of some RRC message during e.g. radio bearer reconfiguration procedure (which happens failure often during UMTS nrt data call) & release from PS core (e.g. mismatch in Tias/Tiar timers between Core & RNC). I have also seen some UEs, which are using RRC:signallingConnectionReleaseIndication for PS CN wrongly and this is seen as RAB drop by some vendors’ RNC.

Nitin

So need to play with some parameters to solve these problem?
    Is yes, then what are these?

John

If Tiar/Tias timer values are causing the RAB drops, then you must see equipments to see how to change those. It varies between the vendors.

John

I meant; …you must see equipments DOCUMENTATION

sanjeev

parameter name of rab drop causes

Mohib

Hello , Can you please check CE Utilization and congestion of the specific RAB failure cells and it is recommended to reduce the non real time services data rates. Thanks

Mohib

Hello , Can you please check CE Utilization and congestion of the specific RAB failure cells and it is recommended to reduce the non real time services data rates. Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.