Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

MUTE CALL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Mohit

Hi All,

I am working on NOKIA Platform.
    My problem is that in few site, ongoing calls get mute/silent for few secs.
    Pls suggest.

Regards,
    Mohit

tONY

TRY E1 REROUTING ,TRC POOL UTER ILIZTION, ATER CONGESTION,PAGING LIM PARAMETER

vicky

hi tony,
    as i knw TRC POOL UTELIZTION, ATER CONGESTION,PAGING LIM PARAMETER,are not concern with mute call,
    hi mr. pix,
    can u answer the mohit problem,coz same problem i m facing in my n/w on nokia..
    pls do reply mr. pix
    pls correct me if i m wrong as per tony’s concern.

thanx in advance

sha

what is semipermanent connection?

pix

hello,

i can see 3 main possibilities :
    – radio interferences : check if other cells around are using same frequencies
    – handover : during a handover the voice is cut, as long as the MS is trying to connect to the target cell. It takes usually less than 100ms, but in case of interferences, it can take longer time !
    – i would also check the transcoder alarms

have you been able to reproduce the problem with a drive test tool ? if yes, then you can check the rxqual, FER, and what’s going on during the handover.

Ater congestion cannot be the cause (a circuit is either allocated or not, but it doesn’t de-allocated during a call : it’s a static allocation at call setup)

vicky

thanx 4 reply,
    but in drive test,there is no such problem as u talking abt quality,fer.

pix

vicky, i would appreciate a little more details.
    what do you see during drivetest, will there is “blank” in the voice ??

you don’t see anything different ?

then it means the TCH are correctly received, but they contain no voice.

Either the TRX receives voice from TC but due to malfunction, there is no data encoded/modulated in the radio timeslot.

Or the speeh frame received by the TRX is already empty. In this case, the TC is faulty. If it happens randomly on many cells, and randomly during the call, then it’s probably a temporary failure of a board.

Could it be connected to DTX (DL or UL) or specific speech codecs (AMR NB, AMR WB ?), or tandem free operation (TFO). All these features require some process within the TC.

try disabling these features for a while, just to be sure.

ahmad

i suffer from the the problem in my NW (motorola based)with some specific Sony Ericsson’s mobile handsets only; most probably it has to do with some problem with some AMR FR/HR codecs

the problem happens when a call is initiated/handed over to a cell with those specific codes, then the uplink audio is lost!

batwings

Hi Ahmad,

Which load are you running?
    Are you using Egdp configuration?

vicky

hi Mr. pix,

nw a days i m facing 1 new problem in my n/w ie while talking on mob,n if at the same time i recieved ne msg my call dropped.
    pls tell me solution its a big problem in bsc plsssssssss or tell me vat to do….
    thanks in advance

pix

vicky,

i’m sorry but i’m useless here : you’re facing different problems with zero investigation from your side. How can I help you ? I can’t guess what’s wrong in your network.

Why don’t you hire a radio engineer ? You look like you could use one.

naveen

If the call is getting muted/blanked in a particular BSC area, irrespective of the BTS, then the problem could be narrowed down to the transcoder cabling/CIC matching.

It it is getting blanked under certain BTS only, the problem is more difficult to solve and you need to first investigate with 1 BTS first. The most common problem I have faced is that the mapping of TS in Nokia BTS S/W(i forgot the name) could be difft from one that loaded in the BSC.

Check these 2, and if u still find blank calls, then go for a complete freq remapping in the whole n/w!! just kidding!!

VICKY

THNX MR .NAVEEN,
    MR.PIX CAN U TELL ME VAT IS ADHOC PLANNING N VAT ITS ADVANTAGE OVER DROP N VAT IS THE DIFF. B/W 1*3 N ADHOC PLANNING?

THNX

VICKY

HI MR. PIX,

MR.PIX CAN U TELL ME VAT IS ADHOC PLANNING N VAT ITS ADVANTAGE OVER DROP N VAT IS THE DIFF. B/W 1*3 N ADHOC PLANNING?
    MY 2ND QUESTION IS_:

IN SOME OF MY SITES IN THE EVENING TIME,THERE IS A PROBLEM OF COVERAGE,BUT IN DAY IT IS NOT AT ALL,AFTR DOING DRIVE THE QUALITY IS SAME IN THE DAY TIME N IN EVENING(PEAK HOUR)TIME,SO THERE IS NO PROBLEM OF INTERFERENCE VAT XACTLY THE REASON?

THANX IN ADVANCE….

pix

1×3 : effort on the cell design, but easy frequency planning … indeed, you need good cell design (with sharp cell borders, small overlaps between cells)

adhoc : need effort on the frequecy planning, without too much effort on the cell design.

humidity, rain and other weather conditions can impact the cell coverage. if there is rain during evening, then your cell coverage is reduced during the evening.

of course, you must quantify this with drivetest, therefore you should be able to give me THE EXACT VALUE OF THE ATTENUATION in decibels. But as usual, your questions lack details.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.