Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

question about trunk lines

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Dariusz

Hi,

I have a problem in establishing the number of lines required to curry out the traffic from different sources. Now there are 5 trunks conveying the traffic each with different number of lines, which traffic parameters I know i.e. ADPH (Average Daily Peak Hour) or TCBH (Time Consistent Busy Hour) and traffic intesity in Erlangs. The question is that: How to design one trunk grouping traffic from those different sources, that is: what should be the required number of links in projected trunk given the traffic parameters for all sources to be put togather in the new trunk?

Regards
    Dariusz

c.kristhudass rabert

hi all,

Very intresting things are going on here…

good

Pankaj_Gupta

hi every One

Sir could send brief documentation of IPLC Lines and how it works.

Manish K Gupta

Please let me know about following querries with a brief concept of IPLC line.

1. what is a channelized E1/T1 lines?
    2. is there an “unchannelized T1/E1 line”?
    3. what is an “analog call”? do u mean the “local loop” is analog or
    do u mean the “trunk lines” is analog? in my country almost all trunk lines are digital, so there is no “analog call” at all?
    4. if i want to set up a call center, i have to apply for a trunk line from telco, right?
    5. how many kinds of trunk line can I apply from telco?
    a “E1/T1 line” is same with “ISDN PRI line”?
    6. i read on cisco website: “channelized T1/E1 lines” can not receive “ISDN call”, is that true? and why?
    7. i want to ask again: what at all is an “analog call”? which part of it is “analog”?

of course I’m very new to this field n inquisitive to know all these details.

Mohd. Muzammil.

Manish,

1. Channelized T1/E1, are trunks with channelized bandwidth, I mean, T1 is divided in 24 and E1 in to 32 Channels.

2. Whereas, Unchannelized is the raw bandwidth of T1/E1 i.e., 1.544Mbps/2.048Mbps.

3. “Analog Call”, is analog, may be ‘coz of it’s local loop is analog… Usually local loop is analog.. and we use a pair of wires (with RJ11 – Jack) to connect the telephone. Digital Calls we can call it as ISDN call, we’ve ISDN NTs on out home and we connect Digital phones.

4. Number of trunks depends on the capacity of the call center. i.e., the call volume it is going to handle.

5. u can go for ISDN PRI/ T1/E1/

6. E1/T1 are not same as PRI, PRI uses a different signalling compared with E1/T1. But the bandwidth and no. of channels are going to be the same.

7. yes, again channelized E1/T1 uses different signalling (CAS), where as ISDN uses CCS.

Regds,
    Muzammil.

Zahid

Thank you Muzamil, But Can I ask more, Whats the basic formula for calculating bandwidth and user ratio.i.e 1 mb supports for how many users (online)??

Mohd. Muzammil.

Zahid,

What users u mean? U mean.. internet users and internet BW? if yes, To my knowledge there is no formula which gives the number of users for a particular BW. It’s basically sharing.. of the bandwidth to the avaliable no. of users.

If it’s a trunk, I mean for voice calls… it’s always 64kbps per user with Toll quality voice. But now, most operators compress the voice, since we’ve better compression technologies, with same voice quality. So, depending on the compression technique used the no. of user varies for a T1/E1 line or for a BW.

Best Rgds.

Manish K gupta

thanks to Muzammil.
    I’ll be back with some more queries.

Manish K Gupta

HI to all,

PLease let me know which LAN and WAN protocols are used in IPLC line and how can i identify which protocol is down by looking LED’s on IPLC modem?

thanks

Mohd. Muzammil.

Manish,

IPLC is just a bandwidth pipe we get from a country to country. For Voice traffic we can use TDM, VoFR depending on the mux. for. eg. Alcatel 3600 supports TDM and VoFR as well.

I don’t think we learn the protocol by looking the LEDs, may be by lookign on the cards that we used in the MUX. say, in Alcatel FRE (Frame Relay Engine) card shows the usage of VoFr.

Hope this helps to some extent. Others views are also welcome.

Regds.

Zahid

Thank you muzamil, its for internet users. I heard the formula but i lost it. there is such formula e.g.

a*1024/users (this is example)

I dont remember

Mansih K Gupta

Thank you Muzammil.

Well, thats fine.But I want to know some more about IPLC setup.How does it work,what networking devices they use and what immediate actions should I take to sort out the problem of IPLC line.

Telnet is something which going to help me out???
    If it is then please let me know how?

answers to these queries will help me a lot.
    thanks

Mohd. Muzammil.

Manish,

Well, I can through some light on these. Basically IPLC is a pipe. We push in data at one end and get the same thing at the other end.
    Say, We’ve a T1 line at US and connected to a TollFree. The telco forwards all the calls coming to the tollfree to our T1 and we’ll have a MUX at that end. The Mux in tun will have two interfaces, one for T1 (input)and an IPLC termination coneected thru a modem can be V.35 interface. The Mux compresses the T1 line for about 1:8 ratio (usind CELP or AD-CELP techniqies). The it goes to the IPLC provider AT&T, MCI or whatever it is.
    On the other end, say India we’ll get the same v.35 interface with modem. we’ll terminate that at the MUX and we’ll take decompressed T1, as out put.

We use telnet to configure the MUX, on both the sides. The IPLC line problem is taken care by the Telcos, we’ll have to bug the guys at the both end VSNL and ATT or MCT. And telneting mux, requires the ip and login, these details will usually be with MUX guys.

regds.

Zahid

Thank you Muzamil. May i ask about the tellabs mux. how can i see the configuration info from client side. as I dont have the software which the Telco has. is there any method to check or read at least??

Mohd. Muzammil.

Zahid,
    I’ve no idea abt. the Telllabs Mux, I’ve not worked on it. But most muxes are remote configurable, thru telnet. So if u’ve the ip and login details u can get the config.

regds,

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.