Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Call Blocking

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Howard Shaw

Has anybody done any research to determine how many callers are trying to enter a system rather than the actual calls?

eg 7900 calls offered 7500 answered – does this mean 1 person entering 400 times or 400 different callers trying once.

Ashok Kumar Singh

Call statistics can fall into the three following categories. i) Succesfull calls ii) No dialling cases (Subscriber lifts the handset but keeps it down after getting the dialtone. iii) Incomplete dialling cases.

For the 2nd and 3rd cases, usually no system will maintain the statistics with respect to the subscriber. It is stored only for the traffic analysis of the entire system. This information can tell us the number of callers trying to enter into the system, but it doesn’t really tell us which caller was trying and how many times for the cases 2 & 3.

As far as the switch is concerned, it doesn’t make any difference whether one person is trying to call 400 times or 400 persons trying once.

Stan Talamantes

The only true way to determine who your callers are, i.e., 100 callers calling 40 times each or 40 callers calling 100 times each, is to view your call records and view the originating ANI. I manage a large switched voice network and we are faced with similar problems. We search the historical Call Detail Records and learn how many times a particular caller placed a call on our network. Since these calls must also be billed, your billing system should also have the ability to accommodate your needs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.