Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

ICM Band

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    dkumar

We are using ericsson equips and in a few sites we have ICM band to be 5.And we are facing a lot of call drops.Whats the cause and how can it be solved

pix

is ICM related to interference measurements during idle mode ?

in this case, it shows a lot of interference in the UL direction, or possibly some hardware problems that generated noises in the system (TRX issues ?).

You could check your frequency planning, perhaps activate frequency hopping and UL power control.

dkumar

Well we are using frequency hopping.And we have changed the whole RBS.So it cant be a hardware issue.And also the frequency.We have changed it too. Please explain on UL power control and how it could resolve this issue

pix

dkumar,

i’m afraid your issue requires someone that knows about ericsson.. i’m not sure i understand what is ICM 🙂

anyway, if your qos looks like there is a lot of interference, and there is no interference from your own network, and there is no hardware faults, then i would suggest you are facinf an external interferer (other operators, other technologies, alarm system, army radar, anti-theft systems, etc etc etc)

you could perform some frequency scanning in the area, while turning your site off for a while.

it could also be your antenna, or feeders, but that’s quite a rare problem.

Sugun

May be try switch off the repeaters/Boosters installed within 1Km radius one by one and then check ICM

Richard

ICM implies Idle Channel Measurements and this indicates the signal strength measurements on idle channels. This is used to at assignment to allocate the best channel, that is channels with very low noise (ICM 1)

With ICM of 5 corresponding to high drops in the UL, it implies high interference and you need to check your frequency plan, overshooting cells, hardware faults, etc

Arpan

Hi!!
    chk for any booster in that area.. may be that is misbehaving… and causing interference in the uplink

emile allongo

Hi Guys
    Can you help me how i can check icmband problem with log file after drive test?
    Thanks
    BR

Sbhattarai

for high ICMBAND in ericsson system, more likely the issue is related with the hardware, radios.do you have TMAs? or RXAIT system to get more receive line to share between GSM and UMTS? some of these high ICMBAND has been fixed with simply frequency retune, some of them with bad TMAs replacement as well as some time with alarms on the RXAIT. ICMBAND got clear after we reset the RXAIT.some of the worst icmband we noticed in GSM site where we are sharing the line with UMTS where after doing lots of cable check,sweeep test,radio replacement…no luck and finally the repeater nearby area was causing and after we turn off the repeater and measured everything was good and icmband level was 1.Please try one thing at a time.Good Luck.

SHINI

HI KUMAR,
    high ICM band can be caused by external interference.you cant see this from TEMS log files as the log files shows downlink data.
    The best way is get a spectrum analyser and try to check on this. Let me know if this is an inbuilding site

x1carrier

Does anyone have any installation procedures or documentation on RX-AIT frame installations?

AliAsgher

Band 5 Interference is too high. If your LIMIT4 is the default value then it corresponds to an interference level of better than -88dB.
    Best way is to check the nearby sites for interference too. [Probably it is external interference due to Jammers or Military transmitters]. See if you can pinpoint a possible location using Interference in the area.
    But Spectrum Analyzer is the best solution. Coupled with a directional antenna, you can dig out the source of interference. [Do remember to hunt for interference in the hours when ICM band 5 is visible in stats]

noorul ameen

dear sir,
    please explain ICM band value concept in Ericsson BTS and how to reduce ICM band value in ericssion BTS.

Moojahid

Dear all,
    I wanna know the ICM Band details 1 to 5. Is it only escalate interference?

Munish Mankotia

WE ARE FACING HIGH ICM BAND PROBLEM AT INTER BSC LOCATION ALSO ON BOTH SITES TRIBAND ANTENNA’S ARE INSTALLED AND ARE SITES ARE NEWLY ON-AIR UMTS SITES .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.