Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

GSM and DCS tilt consideration

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    sarah

dear
    i want some body help me how to take into consideration for titl setting for Dualband antenna(GSm/DCS) for example both band have the same tilt set or one is less than other one

Da Architect

Dear Sarah,

this is reliable on your netwok and covered area, in other words, this is dependant on inter site distance. In my network, we started with 1800 more uptilted than 900 since 1800 coverage is less, and at that time we had few number of sites. Currently i have both with same tilt settings taking into consideration that inter site distance is approximately 700 meters.

sarah

dear Da Architect
    thanks alot for the explanation

pix

100% ok with da architect, as usual.

da architect, which downtilt do you use for an intersite distance of 700m ? (electrical+mechanical)

around 9 or 10 degrees ?

sarah

dear
    is it ok if at the initial site launch to put the tilt for antenna half of Vertical beamwidth if antenna VBW is 7 deg and down tilt 3~4 degree?

sarah

dear
    which band is better to cover indoor DSC or GSM or which one has high penetration to inbuilding

pix

usually, the DCS1800 signal is more attenuated than GSM900, after wall penetration (2dB more attenuation than GSM900)

So in other words, GSM900 offers better indoor coverage than DCS1800 by 2dB.

(source : multiple studies in IEEE)

sarah

dear pix
    thanks alot and Ihave one personal question where are from
    thanks? you are very very good in this forum

pix

country of cheese, wine and social strikes 🙂

just a quick precision about last post : the attenuation is 2dB more for DCS1800, and don’t forget the GSM900 has usually a higher EIRP (+2dB) than DCS1800, and also, the DCS1800 has an aditional loss of 6dB (free space loss)

so altogether, in indoor, you can consider the GSM900 to provide at least 6+2+2 = 10dB more than DCS1800. It probably closer to 12dB, but it has to be verified.

sarah

dear pix
    what do you mean by free space loss more attenuate than 900 Mhz and free space loss is not the same path loss?
    what is country name for cheese and wine ????????????/

pix

hi sarah,

in wikipedia, look for :

a) free space loss, especially the part about Free-space path loss in decibels, for radio engineers

b) cheese
    c) wine

and no, path loss and free space loss are different. FSL is just a very simple propagation prediction formula.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.