Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

physical exitance of TRX

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    kawa

dear
    I have question about reducing TRX from a cell, when asking for reduce TRX for a cell they will software blocking TRX but still ohysical exist in the cell and also in hopping list what will happen???

pix

kawa,

the hopping list is a list of frequencies on which the active trx will hop (= synthetized frequency hopping)

when locking a trx from the OMCR, the trx will not carry any traffic, and if you were using BBH or No-Hopping, then the frequency “attached” to this TRX will not be sent “on air” anymore.

regards,
    pix

kawa

dear pix
    my network use BBH and what I want is that if the removed frequency for raleted TRX remain in the hopping list I think system will try to allocate this frequency to MS and when there is no dedicated TRX for this frequency is cause performance bad isn’t ????????

Pix

i seriously doubt something like this can happen, but it depends on your vendor implementation.
    In BBH, all active MS’s will hop on all BBH frequencies.

Do you see a call drop/sdcch drop of 100% or a tch assignment failure of 100% ?

kawa

dear pix
    NO I have n’t 100% SDCCH drop or CDR or TCh assignment what I notice after the software blocking the SDCCh drop and TCH blocking exculding HO increase it.

pix

kawa,

ok, so for your problem, i don’t think hopping is the issue. actually, i would suspect two possibilities :

1/ one trx is faulty, but the wrong TRX was locked –> the faulty trx carries more traffic, therefore, there is more call drops, etc.

2/ the faulty trx is locked, indeed, so the other trx’s are going to carry more traffic. It is a possibility that another trx is also faulty, so by locking one TRX, you actually reveal another faulty trx.

🙂

that sounds more probable than a wrong hopping management, but who knows…

kawa

dear pix
    thanks a lot for explanation

Da Architect

Dear Kawa,

Which vendor? if ericsson check the counters CNRELCONG and TNRELCONG, are they increased,if yes, this mean that you needed this TRX, and you shouldn’t lock it. Unless you are ready with cell load sharing strategy. on the other hand, in BBH number of frequencies = number of TRXs, and when you lock a TRX, then you are locking the Frequency you assigned to it, this means hoping will not include this frequency.

Regards,

kawa

dear Da Architect
    thanks for you too

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.