Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

HSL over TDM / ATM

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tuannd

Dear friends

I am looking for the difference between HSL over TDM and HSL over ATM: the principles, standards and dimensiontion guide. Can anybody help me? many thanks!!

MTN

Hi Tuannd,

As I know that the HSL is over ATM, but its can be over TDM but its will be as simulation and its will be 30 % use of the 2 Mbps.
    Also in TDM you can use the total bandwidth or the total E1 but fractional 30 channels .

Nikhil

I want to know difference between TDM HSL and ATM HSL

Tauhid

Can anybody describe a little what is the difference between ATM and TDM?

galal Ajlouni

Would you please help me to get the formula how to calculate link load (in erlangs) for ATM-HSL (High speed link) .

GURJIT SINGH

Want to know ATM HSL Bandwidth

Wallis Dudhnath

ATM and TDM are two types of data transfer technologies. TDM stands for Time-division multiplexing, which is a method of combining multiple data streams into one and sending it together over one signal. ATM stands for Asynchronous Transfer Mode. It is based on a fixed “cell” that is used to convey a Multimedia payload, i.e. Voice, Data, etc..

Summary: ATM uses “cells” whereas TDM uses a “nailed up” TimeSlot to convey information. Internally, HSL uses ATM “cells”.

Over 20 years ago when TDM was overloaded with the signalling load there was the move to 2Mbits/s HSL. This was an interim step before the full adoption of Sigtran (SS7overIP).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.