Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

DFCA ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TYnoo

Hello all,

I recently heard about a GSM feature called DFCA (Dynamic Frequency and Channel Allocation). From what I understood, it basically updates an interference matrix based on RMS reports from MS to BTS and then decide about the best TS, MAIO, MA list for a new call allocation. It seems as well that synchronised network is required (using GPS for example) and inter-BSC link for exchange of intereference matrix…

Unfortunatly I didn’t find more information about this feature. Do anyone knows about it ? Does it work fine ? Does it improve QoS ? It looks really new, so wondering if it is already deployed somewhere ? Doesn’t it load too much the BSC with processing of intereference matrix ?

Thanks for your comments,

TYnoo

pix

there are such softwares like this, but it’s not “dynamic”, nor implemented in the BSC directly. They’ll use daily RMS to compute an improved frequency planning. Then, it is up to the engineer to implement the new frequency plan or not.

It’s not really complicated actually, i think it’s possible to create a software like this in few weeks…

ZHT

Dear TYnoo,
    I’ve came across some articles about ICC, UISS and SIAC too. These are some features used to realize the DFCA function on GSM. It’s suppose to synchronize (either using GPS or software clock generator) the time frames of each BTS under one BSC in pairs and in a circular order. A pair would require around 5 mins to sync, as it needs to collect enough MRs and has to be processed at the BSC end. During information collection process, some signaling channels would be taken up.

All these functions are suppose to reduce interference and/or use as an anti interference technology.

I’m not sure if the technology has been deployed anywhere in the world yet. Do keep me inform if you have any information regarding DFCA.

Thank you

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.