Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

AMR and non AMR TRX

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    james

dear
    can any body help me if i want to apply AMR feature but there is limitation for me let say 500 TRX only supporting AMR and other network TRX is normal type , my question is that if ihave site with 4/4/4 then if iwant to use 2 of each sector TRX two AMR TRX it is possile to be used or not if yes what about handover from NON AMR to AMR TRX
    please help

pix

handover AMR from and to non-AMR is possible, there is no constraint on this.

about the limitation, i just know that in the OMC-R, you don’t define a TRX as “AMR” or “NON AMR”. This is a cell parameter.

I would say that a 4/4/4 BTS with the 3 cells defined as AMR would be counted as 12 AMR TRX in the license. I can check that out…

james

dear pix
    thanks for the response but this one is possible in Ericsson and Huawei ?
    how it will be the handover procedure is there any threshold or hystresis to control HO from and to AMR and non AMR.

pix

ha no, i don’t know for ericsson and huawei…

the intercell HO AMR->non AMR is normally not controlled by a parameter… you can however play around thanks to the TFO feature (tandem free operation).

james

dear pix
    for handover I mean intracell HO if it possible ? and how TFO contribute with this feature

pix

intracell HO ? well, there is no algorithm for this one. an AMR MS in an AMR capable cell will always establish an AMR call. There’s no reason an AMR call has to become a FR call within the same cell !

james

dear pix
    in the network there is threshold for AMR Traffic ( AMR/FR or AMR/HR) when the traffic is passed the thresh the MS has to go to non AMR TRX and how it perform intracell HO

pix

that’s surprising.. i don’t undertand what is the reason that lies behind this HO. A MS in AMR FR will use the same amount of resources than if it were in Legacy FR.

are you sure that these thresholds are not to go from AMR FR -> AMR HR, or AMR HR -> AMR FR ?

if you’re sure, then i don’t have an answer for you, you got to check it out with your vendor(s).

james

dear pix
    i think you did not get my question my previous qestion is example what i mean for exampe it is possible to have such kind of intracell HO from AMR TRX to NON AMR TRX let say if one cell has fout TRX if I put TWO TRX as AMR and other two is normal the handover will take place if percentage of mobile which use AMR passes the thrsh and has ability to use normal Speech coding like normal FR/HR
    thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.