Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Paging Request Type

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bilal

What is the difference between Paging Request Type 1 and Type 3 messages?

pix

bilal,

it depends on the contents to be transmitted in the paging. you know that one paging request can contain more than one paging, based either on IMSI or on TMSI . Each type corresponds to one possible mix between IMSI and TMSI pagings in the same Paging Request. 1 to 4 paging commands can be merged into 1 paging request :

Type 1 :
    1 or 2 IMSI
    1 or 2 TMSI

Type 2:
    3 TMSI
    1 IMSI + 2 TMSI

Type 3:
    4 TMSI

What chooses to send an IMSI or a TMSI paging… that is certainly a MSC choice. Any idea ?
    Regards,
    Pix

Alexx

Dear Pix,
    another question about paging 🙂
    As I know paging for the certain MS is perfomed within Location Area (always). That’s why the number of paging messages for all cell in this Location Area must be equal. But when I get from RNO export MC8a for the certain LAC I see that this value is different from cell to cell. And the difference sometimes is greater the 200 (num of messages). Do additional conditions of sending PAG_REQ exist?

* MC8a – Number of 08.58 Paging Command sent on Abis towards the selected cell (on the releted trx).

Thank for your assisstance.

pix

i know that a area in which a paging is broadcasted is not always the LAC : it depends on a NSS parameter (MSC ?)

you have to check it out because i don’t know the details : a paging can be sent to :
    – all cells within a LAC
    – all cells within a BSC only
    – perhaps, all cells within a BSC and within a LAC of this BSC
    – all cells within the MSC

etc…

the first paging is maybe on LAC, then if there is no answer, second attempt is on the full BSC, then full MSC ? that depends on parameters.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.