Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Dual Talk

• This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 16 years ago by paraHO.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    toofy

what’s the logical canal used for the paging of the mobile for the second Call.(FCCH, FACCH or PCH)
    Thks

Pix

I don’t think there is paging, because the MS is in dedicated mode, the MSC already knows in which cell the MS is located. There is no need of a paging.
    But I don’t know exactly how is established a second call. That’d be interesting to know. I would say that the MSC will simply send an alerting message on the FACCH or SACCH… (?)

paraHO

toofy are you talking about the user switching between two separate calls to talk or a conference call between the user and two callers?

toofy

it’s not a conf call, but a second call when the first call is already handled

paraHO

toofy, ok there are still the points:

– did MS dial both calls (outgoing)
    – did MS dial one call (outgoing) and other call is incoming
    – did MS receive both calls (incoming)

I looked at Call Waiting (GSM0383) as MS needs notification that a call is there to know to answer it. Also Call Hold (GSM0383) would be relevant as you say no multiparty (conference call) in progress (GSM0384)

As dual call appear to be supplementary services there is a trade of information between HLR and VLR. As one call is already in progress it would appear the second call would be route through same Mast as the one currently handling call. There appear no PCH required as HLR and VLR know where MS user located.

What I have not found out yet is where additional assignment (GSM0408) is sent on FACCH or SACCH etc…

toofy

that’s my question paraHO:
    where additional assignment (GSM0408) is sent on FACCH or SACCH etc…

paraHO

toofy I need to be sure I understand what you say first. I maybe slow thinking but I get there in the end 🙂

I am looking for FACCH/SACCH etc and will reply as soon as possible. I think Pix know more than me, but i will try to find out..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.