Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

TEMS

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jaja

dear
    can any body help me that I checked in TEMS ( neighbor and serving cell) the same cell appear in different RX level let say
    cell A RX level -56dBm amd in the same next one cell A RX level -65 dBm

Bilal

Might be two cells with same BCCH and BSIC serving in the area. If this is the case, you must be having very bad HSR and Random Access Success Rate there.

jaja

dear Bilal
    no I don’t have the Co BCCH/BSIC .

Bilal

One of them is serving and other the neighbor right? Please check if you have included the own BCCH of serving cell in the Active BA list. I am working on Ericsson and they have introduced this feature “Own BCCH” in R12 to improve the multiband cell performance.

Mani

Well as per my understanding in some operators a parameter like Pbgt_Mode is provided which is especially useful for dual band cells. It allows an MS on the DCS inner zone of the cell to compensate for the difference in the prorogation losses of the two frequencies GSM-BCCH and DCS Inner zone.

jaja

dear bilal
    thanks for your reply
    but for more information I have onle singleband(900) and also the BCCH is not included in the BA list and this make me surprise for appearing same BCCH for the same cell with different RX level

Mani

Since its a parameter like pbgt_mode=0 add the serving cell to the BA list. now the MS only reports 5 neighhbours as the 6th is the serving cell. in your case this parameter can be wrongly set as it would still work in the same manner even if no inner zone.

Bilal

Which vendor you are working on by the way?

Radiated

This is a problem in TEMS that even the TEMS people cant answer to ๐Ÿ™‚

(its not the case of measurement on own BCCH because it appears in our network too where we have disabled the measurement on own BCCH feature ๐Ÿ˜‰

Mani

Motorola.

RH

I have found the same problem in TEMS.And I have checked there was no co-BCCH and co-BSIC in the network.
    My vendor is also Motorola.
    ๐Ÿ™

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.