Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

connection in error in busy hr.

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 16 years ago by Askari.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    yaz

what the reson behind in busy hr, max. time it shows connection in error, call failed and etop transaction failed (is this only bcz of available time slot or smthng else .)

Askari

It might be due to any of the three congestions.
    1. TCH Congestion.
    2. Ater Congestion.
    3. N7 Signaling congestion.

yaz

Thanks askari,

wat is n7 sugnaling.
    can descirbe if it possible.

wat problem i m facing is that v r using noika systen. at pk hrs from the site where i mke call , it connects after sevral attemps. and wn i chked in omcr i found no alarms , no transcoder down , many non amr and amr circuits r freesignaling r ok and on that site calls r less.

Askari

Sorry forgot to mention the Rach unsuccessful and SD Blocking might be the issue.

There should be TRUNK utalization stats which show if there is congestion on Ater / N7 signalling( BSC To MSC Signaling). But if this is the case there might be CSSR degradation on most cells of the BSC arround bust hour dropping with increase in traffic. If you have any stat like MSC Assign Attempt Rate (Ratio of Channel Required to Assignment Request) it should also drop. Else either the congestion is on SDCCH / TCH both can be checked on stats. or your RACH might not be successful based on UL Interference / Bas BCCH planning. By the way a Drive Test can also reflect if the issue is of RACH unsuccessful / SDCCH congestion/ TCH Congestion.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.