Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

GPRS

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    safar

Hi pix,

buddy can u tell me how to check this 3GPP TS 04.60 ?

and the site is 3gpp.com ? if yes then how to check buddy

Pix

Hello Safar,

You have two ways…
    google “TS 04.60” (i’m surprised you didn’t try this…)

or…

go there and find 04.60
    http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/html-info/04-series.htm

cheers
    pix

GPRS

Hi Pix
    Hi experts

PLZ explain the following points:
    – When i’m surfing the net, I have 2 pages to read which are downloading ,so i can say that i have 2 sessions or only 1 session???
    – For these 2 pages, my UL TBF is the same? or i have one UL TBf for the 1st page and another UL TBf for the 2nd page??
    – When an DL TBF is established does that mean that UL TBF is established too??

PLZ ur reply

pix

hi,

the TBF is used to connect your MS to the MFS. It doesn’t care what kind of apps you’re running and what you(re downloading.

FRP, HTML, P2P, etc, everything will go through the same TBF.

In your case, you are downloading stuff, so you have a “long” DL TBF established. During this DL TBF, there will be a sporadic need to transmit UL data to the web server, to ACK the downloading (TCP ACK).
    Those UL ACK will be transmitted through a UL TBF. It will be released after the UL ACK has been sent. And next one reopened after few seconds, for the next UL ACK.

Regards
    pix

GPRS

Hi Pix,

From what you have said, i understand that :

– there is only one DL TBF per user whatever the number of application the user is required from the MFS.
    – there is a lot of UL TBF per user (at the same time as the DL TBF ) which are used for ACK/NACK
    – For one DL TBF, each ACK message is sent in one UL TBF, others UL TBF are carrying other ACK message of different DL TBF

PLZ correct me if i am wrong

THX

pix

I will correct you.

The DL TBF is used to carry the downloaded data, it will last as long as the file you required takes to go from the web to your phone.
    During this download, your phone will need to regularly send uplink ACK. Let’s say once every 2 seconds, for example.

So every two seconds, the MS will ask to setup an ul tbf. It will use it to send the ACK. And then the ul tbf will be closed.

You then have 1 DL TBF + 1 UL TBF every 2 seconds.

Thatt’s just an example. The ACK rate in TCP is not 2 seconds : it varies depending on bandwidth and delay.

Regards
    pix

GPRS

Hi Pix,
    for a better understanding let’s take a real example:

1. when i request a web site —–> one UL TBF is established
    2. the browser does not diplay the whole web page of the requested site ——–> the first DL TBF is established
    3.Web page doesn’t show all its images, so i Refresh it ——> another UL TBF is established
    4. After refresh, browser displays missing image ——–> is this case, the MFS will establish another DL TBF to send the missing part of the web page?? or it will use the first established DL TBF?????

I appreciate ur reply
    thx

hp

Hi pix
    would you please explane about N200 in nokia BSC? and what do change this
    timer?

pix

GPRS, Sorry I didn’t see your reply.

“4. After refresh, browser displays missing image ——–> is this case, the MFS will establish another DL TBF to send the missing part of the web page?? or it will use the first established DL TBF?????

The DL TBF will be released after there is no more data to send. It is kept alive for few seconds, so in case of a missing image, it’s very probable the same DL TBF will be re-used to transmit it. However it depends how long the webserver took to actually detect missing image and decide to resend it.

But anyway, I think you got the idea of how it works 🙂

Cheers

pix

regarding the N200, please search through this forum, you’ll find some interesting experiments 😉

Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.