Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Roamers: access delay to visitor network

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Victor

Hi all
    Anybody knows what Nokia 2G BSS parameters must be modified to improve (acelerate) access to a visitor network in case of roamers (mobile with automatic roaming)
    We have been notified some roamers have problems in access a GSM network (more than 30 seconds after turn-on mobile)

Pix

Hello Victor,

I’ve experienced this problem in russia : my MS wouldn’t select any network automatically. I had to do it manually.

I won’t be able to help you much, because I don’t know if there is a BSS parameter that could help…

Pan

To Victor:
    It is mandatory that the UE shall search for its last Registered PLMN in every supported bands at power on(UMTS2100, EGSM900, GSM1800 and possibly even GSM850 and GSM1900 depending on the implementation) before possibly reselecting a different PLMN, such as a National Roaming Partner. Today, such a scan takes a long time in dense or complex radio environment, which means the UE can spend over a minute!!!!! searching/synchronising/decoding cells where only Foreign PLMNs are to be found.
    Hence your problem is overall Mobile system problem, not Nokia 2G BSS one.

Pix

Pan,

that’s right, yet it takes more time in some countries than in others… but that’s based purely on perceptions, not actual measurements.
    Perhaps some CCCH congestion could slow down the attachment process, especially in international airports, during “busy/landing” hours.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.