Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Speech Quality

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Mani

For the connection yes it might be along with other variables mentioned by Amkam
    For the difference
    HR standard FR channel is broken down to two i.e the channel bit size remains the sampling rate is reduced. that is user gets every alternate slot on that specific TCH of that radio. for SAACH information of the second user the idle in the TCH multiframe is used to send the SAACH information of user B.
    EFR vs FR there is difference in the number of speech and CRC bits, while using the same Full TCH channel . EFR gives better customer perceived voice quality due to greater CRC capability.
    AMR works for both HR and FR and again gives a varity of codecs i.e CRC vs Speech bits combination mapped WRT BER in bad BER more CRC bits are used and in good BER less CRC bits are used.

giorgi

about handover reversion comand who is decide? MS or BSC?

pix

MS

papavchika

thank you

Bijoy

a bit correction pix
    In case there is congestion,HO request takes place,but no HO cmmand from BSC takes place

Pix

Hi Bijoy,

There is a bit of misundestanding… the question is related to “reversion”, not “congestion”.

When there is reversion to old channel, it means the BSC has already allocated the radio channel in the target cell. The reversion only happens when the MS tries to connect to the target TCH (after the HO CMD from BSC).

Therefore, if there is congestion, the MS will simply stay put in the serving cell : it will not even know there could have been a HO. I wouldn’t call that a “reversion”.

papavchika

before BSC will send command about handover It must allocate channel for MS in target cell! and MS need some period for make handover, and if during this time second MS will try to make call on that target cell BSC will not give them that channel which is allocated for first MS. am I right?

Pix

Papav.,

Yes, 100% correct.

papavchika

This means its not possible to make handover reversion because of congestion!

Pix

Well, yes, simply because there is not yet a “physical” handover of the MS : MS is still in serving cell and is not even aware there should have been a HO 🙂 Ignorance is bliss.

Did I say anything that could suggest otherwise ? I’m sorry if my answers are unclear, or confusing.

papavchika

no just someone sad me that when first MS receives command about handover it has approximately 2 second to make handover, and if during this time second MS will request call from target cell BSC will give that TCH, but it’s not logical. but I don’t understand about MS according to which data or measurement deciding about handover reversion,

pix

papav,

the “2 seconds” are a timer in the target BSC : it waits for the incoming MS during 2s.

But the Ms itself will perform the HO immediately, at receival of HO CMD.
    Now, either the MS reaches the target TCH or, if it doesn’t, it will just revert back to the old TCH.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.