Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Location Update

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Amir

hi guys ………
    what are the cons if MSC location update timer value is less than BSC location update timer value.

when we get sim registeration failed issue

Bilal

By MSC location update timer do you mean Detach Timer? If yes then MSC will explicitly detach the MS before it makes a periodic location update as set by T3212 timer in BSC. MS wont be able to receive any paging till it makes a LU (periodic or LAC change).

salem G

im asking if any one tell me whats the mathmatical models which i can use them for the location management of movement & time and distance location update , if i want to run matlab software>

Debasish

My question is why timer T3212 value is set in BSC? Why MSC does not controll timer T3212?

pix

debashish,

this is a radio parameter that is transmitted in the BCCH. and changing this timer can have a big impact on the radio load. for this reason, the timer is set at BSS level, not NSS.

with all due respect : why do you question 3GPP implementation ?

the point of GSM engineering is to go along with the 3GPP rules, otherwise you’ll spend too much time complaining and little time actually optimizing :))

Debasish

Thanks PIX.

Debasish

Thanx pix,it is just a query.
    One more query.
    What is GSM recommendation to keep Implicit detach timer value with respect to T3212?

pix

hello debashish,

as bilal said below, the MSC implicit detach timer shall be longer than the T3212. Something like double i’d say.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.