Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Ericsson lingo

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nagra

I have recently started a project in a network that uses Ericsson RBS with which I’m new to. Can someone explain me what the following terms mean (I found them on a printout):
    – TG (transceiver group)
    – DI

Also, browsing this forum, I came across “DIP”. What is it? (maybe same thing as “DI” above).

It seems that each cell is identified with a number and a letter (like 16204a). From what I understand, the number corresponds to the BTS (site) and the letter to the sector.
    Is the number an administrative number (e.g. that only has a meaning within the /// system) or is it somehow visible on the Abis (and Um)?

Finally, how I can get the configuration of the system with the management tool (WinFIOL I believe)?
    I need to get the list of cells and then get information about each cell (CGI, name, E1 trunk/timeslot allocation, BA list, BSIC-BCCH). I wish I could ask for documentation but this is not allowed here 😉

Thank you.

Nagra

Btw, here’s an example of a line on the printout I have:

TG DI CELL
    11 43 RBLT 16273ABC 900

There’s RBLT and RALT in the DI column so I guess it’s respectively Abis and A interface links.

Bilal

TG stands for Transceiver Group. It is a group of mutually synchronized Transceivers. One TG is connected to one E1 on Abis. One site has one or more TG’s.

DIP is the digital path on ABIS/A. RBLT stands for “RTS A-Bis interface Line Terminal”. It is the ABIS interface on BSC. Every TG corresponds to one RBLT.

jewel

What is BSC RBLT ?

Nagra

Bilal,

What do you mean by “mutually synchronized transceivers”?

Thx

Bilal

Means the Transceivers whose frame timing is synchronised with each other. One TG includes all the TRUs of one cabinet which are naturally synchronised. But in case of multiple cabinets in one site you have to connect them in master and slave mode to keep the synchronisation. Even inter-site synchronisation is also available where you would use tower mounted GPS devices to synchronise the sites but I havent seen any network using this.

Nagra

Are you talking about frame synchronization at the radio level?

As far as I understand, all E1s in a network and even a country are synchronized to avoid frame slips.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.