Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

RF Contest!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    paraHO

Case A: Mobile originating short message transfer, no parallel call.

paraHO

Sorry I try lots of times and it not allow the other cases.

If you want to email me pix I will send you the details.

Joshua

Hi all,
    I work as a BSS Engineerin a cellular company in Tanzania, East Africa. I have two questions for those who have experience with Alcatel BTS.
    1. I have a new gsm site integrated recently with three sectors. Sector 1 and 3 are not carrying traffic at all. Althogh everythin seems to be ok. What might be a problem.

2.When you have 900MHZ and 1800MHZ BTS operating at the same time, is it ok if you mount both antennas (900&1800) at the same position?

Thanks in advance

pix

paraho,

thanks for the effort, i’ll get it from 3gpp, don’t worry. very interesting question 🙂

paraHO

For mobile originating and termining SMS where the mobile telephone has no parallel call in progress look at A and B and where a parallel call is in progress lookm at C and D. Where Inter MSC is involved look at E and F.

paraHO

Must have been brain tired last night.. If I re-write instead of direct copy of info it seems to work… (see below)

Pix

Joshua,

1> Perform a drivetest and check that you can perform a call setup. A drivetest trace is the first step to understand this kind of problem. Also, at OMC-R, ensure, the cell is not locked, not barred, etc. Ensure that all parameters follow default recommendations from Alcatel

2> what do you mean “same position” ? GSM900 antennas and DCS1800 antennas can be colocated on the same mast, but you must ensure few centimeters between them. From memory, i would say something like less than 30cm.

paraHO

How many cell selection processes are their and cane you name them?

C1, C2, …….. C?

pix

you said “selection”, but You also include “reselection”, don’t you ?

C1: selection & reselection if C2 not used. Used for PS idle and PTM reselection if no PBCCH.
    C2: reselection if C2 used. Used for PS Idle & PTM reselection if no PBCCH.
    C31: in case of PBCCH (obsolet)
    C32: in case of PBCCH (obsolet)

…??? I count only 4… (and only 2 are useful)

PTM reselection in case of NC2 may count too ? By memory alone, I’d say :
    PT1 : bad qual ul
    PT2: bad qual dl
    PT3 : bad lev dl
    PT4 : better cell
    but i think i mixed them up 😀

for 3G and 4G… mmm… i forgot !

paraHO

That was ok pix, here are some others:

C1 Normal Cell Selection This is the process of initial cell selection, searching all RF channels.

C2 Stored List Cell Selection This is the process of initial cell selection where BCCH carrier information (e.g. a BA list) for the selected PLMN is stored in the MS.

C3 Camped Normally This is where the MS is camped on a cell of the registered PLMN and may be able to make and receive calls. (Whether or not the MS can make and receive calls depends on the state within the location registration process). The MS monitors received level and the system information and checks whether cell reselection is needed.

C4 Normal Cell Reselection This is where the MS has determined that cell reselection is needed and an attempt is being made to reselect a new cell.

C5 Choose Cell This is where the MS has returned to idle mode from “connected mode” and is choosing a suitable cell to camp on.

C6 Any Cell Selection This is where the MS is unable to camp normally on any cell of the selected PLMN, or cannot obtain service because of certain responses to a location registration (LR) attempt. It is searching for a cell of any PLMN to camp on (so that emergency calls can be made and warning notifications can be received).

C7 Camped on any Cell This is where the MS has camped on a cell irrespective of its PLMN identity, so that emergency calls can be made and warning notifications can be received.

C8 Any Cell Reselection This is where the MS is attempting to reselect a cell, irrespective of PLMN identity.

C9 Choose Any Cell This is where the MS is returning to idle mode, after having entered “connected mode” from the “camped on any cell” state to make an emergency call. It is attempting to find an acceptable cell to camp on

paraHO

Forgot to put

3GPP TS 43.022

Bijoy

Wow!!!
    Very Nice discussion
    How did I missed this.

pix

the key word in your question being “processes” 🙂
    well, thanks, that was a nice (but insane) one.

Now we know more about how a MS thinks 😀

**QUESTION**
    1)
    What distinguishes a SAIC “Legacy” MS from a “VAMOS level 1” MS, in terms of VAMOS capabilities?

2)
    What distinguishes a “VAMOS level 2” MS from a “VAMOS level 1” MS, in terms of VAMOS capabilities?

(focus on the major differences, related to RF engineering !)

Bijoy

1.SAIC MS—GMSK Modlation,Poor SCPIR performance.VAMOS L1–AQPSK modulation,New TSCs,better SCPIR performance……

2.VAMOS L2–Advanced receiver,better SCPIR performance,complex to implement…….

Pix
    What is your say.

Br\\
    Bijoy

pix

well done bijoy ! some minor corrections to be noted though.

ok, let’s go :

1. VAMOS L1–
    + TSC from Set 2 available
    but:
    – same SCPIR performance than SAIC MS (in reality, *some* SAIC phones are showing problems at low SCPIR)
    – same modulation (AQPSK is used in DL by the BTS, MS is not aware of it)

2.VAMOS L2–
    Same as L1, plus :
    + Advanced receiver -> better SCPIR performance than L1 and SAIC MS
    + support shifted SACCH

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.