Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

RF Contest!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Tufail

Hi,

Funny

But I appreciate your try.

Rgds

tufail

Huawei RF

So?? No answers for this question:

What do we mean when saying “the system possesses perfect power control”?

rnp_rno_engineer@yahoo.com

Pix

I never said that… but that’s because i don’t work in wcdma networks, i suppose ?

Huawei RF

Power control is not a feature of CDMA only! It works with GSM too..

Pix

I thought the “perfect” power control was a wcdma feature… I’m working in GSM, and i’ve never heard such a thing as “perfect” power control… Power control tends to become perfect after I optimized it though :)))

Abdel

Wait may be this is a vendor specific feature used by Huawei BSC, I have seen a lot of Handover features on the Huawei BSC6000 which I didn’t see before. If this is right, I would suggest instead of asking vendor-specific features we can ask each other questions which are based on the basic and advanded parameters that can be found in every BSC or RNC plaftform.

Thanks

Huawei RF

Well, no… it is not a Huawei BSC feature…
    And it is a BASIC QUESTION… and can be found in any mobile communication book.

Perfect power control is an ideal state… means that the transmitted powers of all mobile users are actively controlled such that at the base station receiver, the received powers from all mobile users are equal.

paraHO

Huawei RF, the nearest feature I can think of for GSM that you mean when you say “perfect power” is called APC (Adaptive Power Control) which is there to prevent such things as Near-Far Effect. APC command can be sent with TA to regulate MSs operating at full power with regard how they might effect the base station, minimum coupling loss (MCL) of the radiating elements (ie the antennas) and so on based upon on how far MSs are from Mast. The objective is to stop MSs near to the Mast operating at full power that may cause dropped calls or at minimum high handover rate for mobiles that maybe on or in fringe/boundary area of coverage from the same Mast.

Pix

ParaHO,

That’s one of the first thing I try to say to optimizers : the timing advance is not an information that is used by any “radio” mechanism. It is just seen in 2 handovers causes, but that’s it.

I believe that, for most vendors, the power control is based solely on the RxLev/RxQual and not at all on the Timing Advance. You can have a very low RxLev while being less than 500m from the antenna (indoor MS, for example).

Of course, some vendors might choose another solution, but the TA … I don’t think it could work efficiently.

Huawei_RF,

Needless to say, nobody won this one ! You have another question ?

Huawei RF

friends… perfect power control is an IDEAL case, not exists in the reality….
    It is assumed in theoritical calculations only… It doesn’t need all those arguments!!

Anyway, it is your time to put a question… so, shoot pix

paraHO

Thanks Pix, Useful advice for optimisers.

I have slight query if you can help pls.

I thought for analysis of MEAS_RES/MEAS-REO L1 information MS power lvl and MS TA were recorded in response to command from base station of APC+TA in same packet.

paraHO

Sorry, poor typing. It should have read:

MEAS_RES/MEAS-REP

Pix

MS POWER and TA are sent in layer 1 each UL SACCH frame. It’s not a response to a command. The MS sends it as a continuous information. It is interpreted by the BSC as a reply to the previous DL command, so the BSC can adapt the content of the next DL command.

Does it answer your question ?

Pix

!!! CONTEST !!!

CRO = PENALTY TIME = TEMPORARY OFFSET = 0

when doing a drive test, there is a part where I leave cell 1 and reselect cell 2 normally : the RXLEV of cell 2 is greater than cell 1. But then the RXLEV of cell 1 becomes greater again by 1 to 5 dB.

For the next 15 seconds, nothing happens : I stay on cell 2. Only after 15 seconds of such rxlev difference, I reselect cell 1.

Can anyone explain to me why ? 🙂

Solution tomorrow, unless someone finds the answer…

paraHO

Hi Pix, thanks 😉

It is what I was thinking but was unsure when I saw your earlier reply. But you clarify it for me now 🙂

I had been checking out GSM04.06, 04.08, 04.18, 05.05, 05.50 etc

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.