Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Antenna Alignment

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    paraHO

Can anyone suggest an antenna alignment device, preferrable lazer and GPS without the need to clamp a GPS boom onto the antenna?
    I am looking for a device so I can do a quick test rather than having to access site.

I have use the Satellite Positioning Antenna Alignment (SPAA) from coaxpartners when I do need to gain access to site. I also know CELalign

Thanks

Abdel

Hi paraHO,

I searched the web, but this kind of devices are very rare to find. There is a antenna alignment tool made by Kathrein. It is a bit heavy and the clamp and all its components are made of metal, which is heavy for the technician to take it up to the tower. I would prefer the CELaligner much lighter and made of elastic band for holding the antennas while the kathrein uses a metal to hold the antenna.

paraHO

Thanks Abdel for useful suggestion

paraHO

Abdel

You are welcome ParaOH.

Tony Wattwood

Just for completeness there is another GPS based alignment tool that does azimuth, tilt, roll and height (AGL). It is the Sunsight Instruments AntennAlign (AAT). It is an all inclusive unit with minimal external cables (1). It is not light in weight, but does all the functions and records the results in memory. Uses LASER rangefinder for measuring height. It can be pre-programmed in the office with target values for az, tilt, roll, and height for each antenna/site (many records are allowed). On the tower you select the target profile for measurement and save the results in memory for reporting later (via PDF, Excel, csvm etc.). Can be remotely operated from ground via web browser and standard 802.11 http://www.sunsight.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.