Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

The Best RNP & RNO Tools

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Abdel

Hi guys,

I made up a list of the best and the most popular RNP & RNO tools. If something is wrong with my list or if there are better tools or other important items are missing or I added unnecessary tools, please let me know it, so I can correct it. This is a shopping list.:)
    1. Best Drive Test Tool TEMS INVESTIGATION(Ericsson).
    2. Best Planning Tool ASSET3G(Aircom).
    3. Best Post-Processing Tool ACTIX SPOTLIGHT(Actix).
    4. Best Speech quality Test Tool QVOICE (Ascom).
    5. Best GIS Tool MAPINFO(MapInfo).
    6. Antenna & cable Analyzer SITEMASTER S332D(Anritsu).
    7. Best E1/T1 tester NetTek® YBT1E1(Tektronix).
    8. Interference and BTS transmitter Analyzer NETTEK® YBT250(Tektronix).
    9. Antenna azimuth and tilt adjustment tool CELaligner®(RFS).
    10. Compass Suunto MCA.
    11. Binoculars.
    12. Meter tape.

Just what I am trying to compile is the necessary tools of RNO & RNP. I hope u guys correct me because I am not an expert in this field.
    Thanks

paraHO

You may want to look at inbuilding radio surveys test devices such as Sagem or Anritsu. Drive test devices are all well and good and come with GPS. Problem is inbuilding can have little or no GPS signal at all. Also if carrying TEMS on backpack can be difficult sometimes inbuilding… Handhelds like Sagem can be helpful.

Also don’t forget Nokia netmon. Most moble telephones are not compliant calibrated once left factory and in the marketplace. Therefore calibrated devices give better perfromance than non-calibrated and used customer handsets may not get the same test results you do with calibrated devices. Just a suggestion.

m@u

Great list Abdel,

I’ll start to quote the ones I do not have.

I would include:
    13. Range Finder to measure antenna heights
    14. GPS (Garmin preffered)
    15. Clinometer or tiltmeter to estimate the tilt from a practical point of view.

Abdel

Hi m@u & paraHO,

Thanks for your feedback. Well , for the rangefinder,the sagem test mobile and the Garmin GPS I never thought about these items, although I have already them in hand. The third item you mentioned m@u is the Clinometer or tiltmeter this functionality can be done by the CELaligner made by RFS it is both for azimuth and tilt.

Ok so let me update the list
    1. Best Drive Test Tool TEMS INVESTIGATION(Ericsson).
    2. Best Planning Tool ASSET3G(Aircom).
    3. Best Post-Processing Tool ACTIX SPOTLIGHT(Actix).
    4. Best Speech quality Test Tool QVOICE (Ascom).
    5. Best GIS Tool MAPINFO(MapInfo).
    6. Antenna & cable Analyzer SITEMASTER S332D(Anritsu).
    7. Best E1/T1 tester NetTek® YBT1E1(Tektronix).
    8. Interference and BTS transmitter Analyzer NETTEK® YBT250(Tektronix).
    9. Antenna azimuth and tilt adjustment tool CELaligner®(RFS).
    10. Compass Suunto MCA.
    11. Binoculars.
    12. Meter tape.
    13. GPS garmin
    14. Sagem mobile test
    15. Rangefinder to find anntenna height.

paraHO

Abdel, I was reading an email for RF work and the agency listed tools, most of which you have identified.

There are several other tools not on your list maybe worth knowning:

PlanEdit,
    NetAct Planner
    Aircoms Asset
    Siemens Tornado

Abdel

Hi ParaHO,

I already mentioned Asset3G. I take from every aspect of RNO and RNP the best tools. NETACT AND SIEMENS TORNADA are both planning tools but Asset3G is better and it is very popular among the mobile operators. For the PlanEdit,I never heard but ofcourse it is also a planning tool similar to Asset3G. am I right?

ex_Nokia_telecom

Hi,

What tools provided by Nemo Technologies; has anyone of you used those ones ? What do you think about those ?

Cheers,
    Johnny

pix

nemo drivetest tool is recommended by alcatel (esp. because of fast reactivity to include the support of the new EGPRS features, new AMR features, and so on) but i’ve never tried it myself.

Chris

Hi, I think also NSN recommends NEMO tools. I have used both TEMS & NEMO, and like NEMO more, but still no big difference.

Victor

Abdel
    Also include Nemo Handy for in-building coverage tests (walk-test), it have an optional bluetooth GPS for non-complex drive tests.

sid

have used both nemo n tems..nemo has got good visuals but tems is more efficient with the only disadvantage that it doent give the channel ids of all the neighbouring cells..nemo is slow n inconsistent to respond…

ako

I don’t know if it is a TEMS problem, but in the BSIC decoding, it displays 41 as 51,that is, if the NCC is 4, it mistakenly diplay it as 5.

What i like with NEMO Outdoor is it’s easy to use, fast to setup. And the logfile is in text format and each device has it’s own logfile.There is no need to export the lofiles to text and separate each device.You can even process the logfiles immediately if you have customized backend application, can even use MS Access with it.And the logfiles is not that big compared to TEMS and Agilent.

I have also used Agilent Nitro drive test tool, it is slow to setup, but then, it was the old software that i have experience with. They have told me that it has improved a lot in the newer version.

For the handheld versions, there is TEMS pocket and NEMO indoor(?).

sid

yep..there r the nemo indoor m tems pocket available,which r quite handy..what i liked in tems was the instant utility like in real time we can interpret the results n for general report no different analyzer software has to b used..

m@u

What would be then the best tools to test and deploy HSPA ? Any ideas?

Chris

I think both NEMO and TEMS supports UE/Datacards, that have HSPA (HSDPA/HSUPA) functionality.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.