Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

E1 and GoS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Majd Coussa

Hi there guyz. Im new to this site, but its very interesting. I’m also doing Telecomms in my degree. I need some help on something, maybe someone can give me guidelines. I would really appreciate it. Cheers…

If I have an E1 circuit installed between a PBX (in a call center) and a local exchange, and the GoS was decided at 1% blocking.
    1. What will be the traffic that the E1 can carry for that GoS??
    2. And what will be the traffic blocked for that GoS??

I want to know how many trunks are available in an E1 connection. I’m still new to this, so I would appreciate all the help I can get. Thankx again guyz…

Tony Sykora

The actual number of call blocked depends on a number of things. The number of calls offered in a givin amount of time, the average hold time of each call, when calls are offered etc.. The erlang formula assumes that calls are offered equally during a givin amount of time, which does not normally happen. You could have 32 lines, and all the lines could have one call on them and if no other calls are offered, then no calls will be blocked.

It has been along time since I have seen an E1, but I think it is equal to 32 lines. So here you go.

1. The traffic carried should end up a 22 erlangs at 1% blocking.
    2. I think you answered your own question. The blocking would be 1% of the traffic.

Jose Quintero

The trafiic for one E1 and 1 % gos is: 20.34, due the E1 only carry 30 Efective channels (The other thow are for Signaling and synC)

Regards

dr b.m.lines (plymouth uni)

funny how you are asking the same
    two questions that i set for coursework !!!!

i hope that you are including this website in your list of referances.

why have you left it this late anyway?

Webmaster

Ah! Plymouth University. Is that Plymouth in the UK?

I knew that this question came from a student, because our support team have been asked this question loads of times by email (we didn’t reply).

Did you also ask the question about the disadvantages of peg-counting in traffic analysis? That one’s plagued us for years.

Cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

Majd Coussa

Yes Dr. B.M. Lines. I’m one of your students… I had already solved the question, but it seemed so simple and it carries 50 marks!!!!!! I wasn’t confident that my answer was correct if it was this short. So I posted up the question here.

And yes, I have included this in
    my list of references. I inlcuded everything I used in the references.

Webmaster, I havent sent any emails… I just posted this up and waited for a reply. We never had an assignment about “disadvantages of peg-couting in traffic analysis”.

Sir, I left it this late coz I had my project to work on.

(P.S. this begins to feel like a chatroom to me ๐Ÿ™‚
    Anyways… thanks everyone for any help that came in here. Really appreciate it. I really understand how these things work now.

Webmaster

Don’t worry – I’m not complaining. It just amuses me to see the same questions come up.

๐Ÿ™‚

Majd Coussa

It’s ok… although I searched all topics and I never found a question similar to mine. Maybe it was submitted via email.

Cheers…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.