Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Cell Recellection

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Mazin

What can prevent cell reselection, when I’m on idle mode and go from one site to another and become close to it it doesn’t reselect to the new site but this happens so often not every time

Siemens

Well the mobile have to reselect the cell every 5 second(Siemens Network) by checking the value C2 of the serving + neighbour cell.It selects the cell whose value is higher. Check the cell reselection offset parameter and C2 with TEMS.

Mazin

by the way i’m using Huawei BSS

Siemens

Well even the system is different but the concept is same. You can check the cell reselection parameter.

pix

cell reselection is full described by 3GPP, it’s not vendor dependent.
    check your cell reselect offset on each cells, and also the temporary offset/penalty time..
    what are those values ?

Mazin

I have in my 1800 band BTS CRO=5 TO=0, PT=0 and this is the defualt value and so for all other BTSs except some have CRO=7, so what do you think?

pix

then i think you don’t have any problem with reselection… the reselection is performed by the mobile, autonomously, so if the parameters CRO, TO and PT are correct, then the MS will behave correctly.

najeeb

make sure the cell is not CELL-BARRED! if it is, then your MS will never see the site. MS will however handover to it though.

Mazin

the Cell is not barred at all, but the problem is when you go to the direction of Cell1 for instance you find still Cell2 with strong RX_level and Cell1 apears in the Neighbour list this happens most of the time i checked it with Tems.

paraHO

Mazin just suggesting perhaps there is interference near or at Cell 1 and Cell 2 (C1 & C2) determine Cell 2 should be used.

When I conduct radio surveys I use not only one of the following: Sagem, Anritsu or R&S Romes but will also take a number (about five) standard Nokia handsets with netmon switched ON. You be amazed that with 3 Nokia handsets all switched ON maybe one of the three can be camped on different cell to the other two or all three can be on different cells.

Pix

Mazin,

Does cell 1 have a greater C2 than cell 2 ? in your DT tool, what values do you measure ? As soon as C2(cell1) is > than C2(cell2), the reselection will occur.

Mazin

paraHO & Pix
    Thank you guys the problem has been solved, i checked by sagem and tems as well, every time the c2 value of Cell2 was higher than the c2 value of the cell1 the reason was as i think i had 4 trx in cell2 and 6 trx in cell1 maybe that was the problem.
    (standard Nokia handsets with netmon) which model of nokia phones can support netmon and what is the version of netmon should i use for them.

paraHO

There are various Nokia models with netmon already installed. Later BB5 versions of Nokia don’t have it installed are require a .SIS file to be flashed to phone.

Many DCT3 and DCT4 have netmon.

My preference (although old model) is Nokia 3210. Battery lasts for ages, good sensitive and has many screen you like, I think. Also I told the version of netmon in 3210 being the first netmon-tester inside Nokia to be designed around internal antenna. Most MSs today are internal antenna.

As an alternative, you could try Alcatel 735 BE4. And look at the GSM Tracks and GPRS Tracks.

Tufail

Hi Mazin

Can you just share how the problem was solved…

I c no connected between trx config and cell reslection.

Thanks

Tufail

Mazin

I think when the cell has 4 trx it transmits more power than when it’s 6 trx i’m sure about this but what do you think.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.