Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Antenna

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mazin

in kathrein antennas we have 2 holes of the jumber cable goes in and it’s written + and – so which one is RX and TX/RX.

Ronald

I think + is the tx and – is the RX

Mazin

how can we make sure plz

pix

+ means the branch with a +45° polarization
    – is the -45° polarization.

It’s not mandatory to put the Tx/Rx on the +45° branch. It’s just a custom, but you can do as you want.

Abdel

The plus and minus has nothing to do with the TX and RX either, as pix told you it is +45 and -45, that means the – port the antenna you are is a cross polarization. Polarization is divided into horizantel, vertical and cross. Cross polarization antennas are much difficult and much expensive than Horizantel and vertical. It is the way it sends the signal, is it up and down(vertical) is it left and right(horizental). Cross polarization has a better sending and receiving of signal and is less vunerable to climate changes. If you see and antenna with one port it is either vertical or horizantel.

Abdel

pix

how many horizontal polarized antennas have you seen on the field ? it’s as rare as a smart manager 🙂 I’ve never seen this in any antenna vendor..

diwa

check the duplexer unit, there sould be mention the Tx cable and rx/tx cable.

So simple way it to go accordingly.

+45 is always used for main Tx and -45 is for deversity Rx n TX both.

is this clear to you now ??

Abdel

Hi Diwa and pix,

“how many horizontal polarized antennas have you seen on the field ? it’s as rare as a smart manager 🙂 I’ve never seen this in any antenna vendor..”
    In the GSM field I have never seen a horizontal polarized antennas. When I was talking about antennas I was thinking of all types of antennas in Earth station, terrestrial transmission and wireless telephones which uses a horizontal polarized Yagi antennas. I just defined the word polarization.

Diwa, you remind me of one day some BTS installers argueing each other saying you connect the -45 to TX port and the +45 to the TX/RX. as Pix told this is just a custom you can reverse it if you wish. I think we can not say -45 is TX and +45 is TX/RX. am I right? please let me know if I am wrong.

Thanks

Abdel

Pix

Abdel,

Ok, I was curious about the H-pol antenna in GSM.

So to come back to the initial point : Yes, it’s just a convention : if you do the opposite (TX on -45) it will not change anything in terms of coverage or quality.

It’s not even possible to argue about this : it’s like holding a torchlight a certain way or another way. As long as you’re pointing it in the right direction, the light will go there. The positions of the hands around the torchlight will not change the path of the light 🙂

diwa

technically, it make difference, if u mistaken here.
    and connect wrong cables +45/-45, ur coverage will be effeccted
    it should be proper as per RF planning
    else drive test guys will cry on u.

Hor pol antenna r good fit in gsm.

Kathrian r most famous

TNS

Hi, all.

I’m disagree with the last opinion.
    The signal polarizaion changes every time the signal reflects.
    So the original polarization doesn’t matter for the the final orientation of the vector at MS point.
    I think Pix and Abdel are right.

diwa, which model of Kathrain Horizontal Pol antenna has good fit in GSM?

BR,
    TNS

Pix

Diwa,

You’re wrong ! Be careful because your answer might mislead many people that are going to read it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.