Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

TCH Blocking over 100%..is it possible ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sierra

Dear All,

I have problem with my network, especially TCH allocation for several sectors facing blocking exceed in more than 100 %. Is it possible? Thanks b4.

Pix

more than 100% blocking rate ? No it is not possible.. Is it hapening only at some hours of the day, or 24h per day ?

If 24h/d, then it might be a counter problem. As the processes that count the counters are located in the BSC, you could try to reboot those processes.

Bassam

Actually, there are many reasons for high TCH blocking rate,for example, in ur case ,i think it is lack of TCH resources, I mean you may have a cell with small noumber of TCH(small noumber of TRXS)& this cell may be located in highly populated area,So ,the TCH of this cell being always bussy and this certenly cause high THC blocking rate.
    Another reason for high TCH blocking rate is that your antenna sector is rongly directed and suffer over shotting ,it also cause lack of TCH resources.
    Another reason for TCH blocking rate is HO, you have to check ur HO parameters setting(outgoing & incoming HO threshold.
    IF you find no proplem in above points, then you have to check your STATISTIC TASK in UR KPI report.
    If any body can tell us more or give his openion ,please let’s share knowledg.

Best Regards

Pix

Bassam, it’s just impossible to have 100% congestion or more.

100% congestion means that there is absolutely no traffic that is carried : all the traffic is rejected.

More than 100% means that there is actually more traffic rejected than required. Not possible in our sad little world. ๐Ÿ™‚

An extremely congested cell would have around 60% TCH “call setup” congestion rate, at most… (in my experience)

AD

piX, i have seen more than 80% congestion on a cell…
    (Alcatel’s equipment is weird ๐Ÿ™‚

pix

AD, i meant “usually 60%”.. 80% could happen, it all depends on how long you look at the RNO scren ๐Ÿ™‚

alcatel is not weird ๐Ÿ˜›

raj

What are the reasons for abnormal tch blocking.where traffic is much less than the tch availabilty.

Jeff

hey guys ,

i had experince like this before and i found that the statistics server connected to 3 MSS together and all values were multiplied by 3 , so , as PIX said before , it should be a counter problem , it’s impposible to get more than 100 % tch drop

Pix

we are talking about tch blocking (or congestion), but anyway, the logic remains valid ๐Ÿ™‚

cheers
    pix

Akshaya

Can any one Suggest me How to remove the TCH Blocking in Nokia System.
    Note: Sector having 2 ET.
    Configuration: 8 TRX
    FRL/FRU–AFRL/AFRU-80 & 90
    Utilisation: Below 90%
    NBL- Main-0. EXP-2
    Lseg-Main -30, EXP-70

Regrds..Akshaya

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.