Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

RF Planning

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rizwan Saifi

Please somebody give me data related to RF Planning.
    Thanx in advance.

pix

what data do you want ?

Rizwan Saifi

Dear PIX
    I wish to be RF Planner.
    But i dont have such opportunity yet. Still I want it. I need any Manual or other helping material which can give me the Practical understanding of RF planning. If U can help me, I will be grateful to you.
    Thanx once again.

sidali1783

can any one give me a map file because i want to start network optimization

X Dennis Michael

I am having a doubt about the value TRP in BTS and why it is used.I am working in OMC manytimes I have come across this value but I can’t find the exact reason of this value. If anyone is aware of this kindly reply me.

Pix

What is TRP’s definition ?

X Dennis Michael

TRP … TRX PRIORITY IN TCH ALLOCATION

Pix

Ok, so it is a number that gives a certain priority to a TRX. I don’t know for your system, but for instance, in alcatel :
    0 : lowest priority
    7 : highest priority

Example, in one cell :
    TRX1 – TRP=1
    TRX2 – TRP=0
    TRX3 – TRP=0
    TRX4 – TRP=0

There is no traffic in the cell.
    1st call is setup – the TCH is allocated in TRX1 (highest priority for TCH allocation)
    2nd call is setup – the TCH is allocated in TRX1 (highest priority for TCH allocation)
    etc…
    until the TRX1 is totally filled up with TCH. Then the next call is going to be assigned on TRX2, TRX3 or TRX4, depending on internal TCH allocation strategy (cf. your vendor technical documentation)

In this example, the first calls in the cell are going to be assigned on the BCCH frequency. That’s an interesting solution, because the BCCH frequency is usually cleaner than the other frequencies.
    (note : this is subject to discussion in case of DL PC and frequency hopping)

regards,
    pix

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.