Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Effect of NMO_1

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Samir

Hi,

I need to know the effect point of view throughput over Gb and over RF if we activate the NMO_1?

Thanks

Pix

NMO 1 is the standard mode of operation… by default, all networks are in NMO 1.
    If you setup a Gs interface (SGSN – MSC), then you can move to NMO 0.
    If you setup PBCCH (master channel), you can apply NMO 2.

Samir

Thanks Pix,

With NMO_1:
    1. the both PS and CS paging are send over the Gb interface, it can effect the throughput on Gb?

2. during the TBF the paging PS and CS will send on the PDCH? it can effect the user throughput?

Thanks

pix

only the CS paging related to the mobile which is in packet transfer mode will be sent onto its PACCH.
    When a CS PAGING is receive during PTM, the PS transfer is stopped (paused), the call is answered, and after all release, the packet transfer will be resumed.

The PS paging is sent over the BCCH, when MS in IDLE MODE. During a CS call, the PS PAGING is **usually** not decoded by the MS. Yet some MS’s are able to listen to the BCCH while in CS call, in order to fully support DTM, but that’s recent and rare.

That’s NMO 1.

Samir

Thanks Pix,

I have le last question:

With NMO 2 the CS paging is send over SS7 link.
    With NMO 1 the CS paging(for attached MS) will be sent over Gb interface. can it make an overload on the Gb?

thx

Pix

Samir,

I’m getting confused as well. I’ll check tomorrow 🙂

Pix

Samir,

Ok, CS PAGING is going through the PACCH, so it will not impact Abis or Ater interface. Regarding Gb interface, it should not be a problem either, because the amount of users that are in PTM and are also receiving a CS call is very low. IT can happen, but that is going to be a very small amount of people. And only their own PAGING will go through the Gb… so it will definitely be very small.

I wouldn’t worry about this.

You could have a look to 3GPP 23.060, it gives a good overview of what “new” signaling will be generated by the establishment of a Gs interface.

Regards,
    Pix

Samir

Hi Pix,

Thank you, that helps a lot.

Ayaskanta mohapatra

Hi,
    what is the difference between Switch Paging and Radio Paging? why the pSR is different in both cases
    ? is paging deletion counts Data Paging as well??

pix

Hi,

I needed time to understand the question, and here is my answer now. I do hope it fits your question though 😀

the paging SR at core network side is different than the one at radio side because they are not counting the same thing.

The CN counts whether a paging sent has received a positive paging response from a MS.

The BSS counts wheter a paging received from CN was succesfully tranmsmitted over the radio interface. There are several possible cause from failure: BSC congestion, Abis congestion, BTS congestion, PCH congestion. The latter being the most common.

Bss doesn’t know if one paging message got a paging response or not.

CN only cares about that.

Regards
    pix

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.