Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Switch Planning for GSM

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 410 total)
  • Author
    Priya

Hi,
    Interesting site, my first query here. I am looking for specific dimensioning rules for SDCCH planning for GSM/GPRS networks. What proportion does one add SDCCH(non- combined) as the number of TRXs go up in one cell-let us say from one TRX to 12TRX per cell case.

Jeremiah Musabayana

hie Harshvadan J. Jani and Sudhir

Can you please send me your email addresses and contact numbers so that we may share more on switch planning.

rgds
    Jeremiah Musabayana
    Econet Wireless Zimbabwe
    jmusabayana@econet.co.zw
    2634666531-3
    cell:26391222755

Hi Jeremiah

Heres My mail address

amin_sudhir@Hotmail.com

Rgds,
    Sudhir

AT

hi,

those interested in switch planning please keep me in loop as well on ashish_tandon@hotmail.com
    thanks
    ashish

anboo

I am also lost in Switch planning, please include me in the loop my id is anbuganesh@yahoo.com.

Priya,

Pls. share the SDCCH planning for GSM/GPRS n/w.

All,

Is 5ess switch planning different from other switch planning , I mean what are the factors in particular, to be considered while planning for 5ess.

Guess I’ve stuffed too many ques would be great if someone could answer the above ques.

-anbuganesh@yahoo.com,
    Thanks

Ajai Joy

hii

Friends I need some information — related to ss7, call processing, class 5 switches. And how do u recommend a career in telecommunication software domain.
    ajai_joy@rediffmail.com

Regards,
    Ajai

Nic

Ajai,

Check out ss7.com for ss7 details and call processing.. I feel ETSI is the best reference.
    About career, well first of all i assume that you are with an operator and want to switch to telcom s/w. If you switch to s/w mostlikely you will be doing testing than development.1. testing will give you more idea on how a product/sw release gets tested but at the same time over a period it becomes mundane job. 2) I also assume that u are in india well telecom testing jobs in UK and US have comedown coz of out sourcing. You can see motorola, nortel, lucent outsourcing testing to Wipro,Infy,TCS and Sasken.

Be clear why you want to move to telcom s/w !!

shah

hi sir i want to know what are factors to keep the call countinue b/w the traveel of one ceel ( mobile tower)to another cell and what are the factor of keep droup the call from one cell to another cell

Nic

Contact ur RF folks, they should be explain you by taking u thru drive test. Theory never helps in RF planning . Get ur hands dirty. ..

Goodluck

AT

I second NIC’s opinion on RF.
    best of luck

Harshvadan Jani

Hi jeremiah
    My contacts:
    Cell: +919824004377 (GSM)
    Email: harshvadan.jani@ideacellular.com
    PSTN: +91793232020

NIC

Hey all,

Can we start posting interesting problems we all ‘ve encountered. It will be a good learning experience to everyone. WHAT SAY ???

Sachin Aneja

Hi All,

I am working on CDMA netowrk.I facing Echo prob . how can i overcome this prob.I am working on lucent BTS.

Regards

Sachin

Sunil-New Thread/Group for NSS

Hi Prabhakar,Jermiyah,Sudhir,Ganesh,Harsha and other friends…

Shall we open a dedicated Thread/Group for NSS and related issues ?

Rgds

Sunil

anboo

I agree with you Sunil..Go ahead and inform us. Thanks,

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 410 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.