Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Switch Planning for GSM

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 410 total)
  • Author
    Mehta

Zad
    The problem has been solved.it was the problem of engineering handset.

dan

For Natin: Electrical tilt of the antenna usually CANNOT be modified! There are antennas with two or more connections for one feeder(each connection for a different tilt value) but those are pretty expensive

For Van 14 _9_2002:
    1 -diversity antenna (in mobile communication) is an antenna used to improve the uplink path with some dB(usually 3 dB). Briefly one can use the 2nd antenna in order to pick the higher signal among the 2 received(for doing that BTS i.e. RBS must pick the highest received signal or sum the signals or make the difference of the received signals, it depends..). It can be either space diversity or polarity diversity in GSM
    2- about antenna (type, config, characteristics …)GSM antenna are omni antenna(with a gain of 11 dB) or sectorized antenna( Typical with an HPBV of 60 degrees and a gain of 17dB)
    3 -what is cross antenna ? cross antenna means you have a cross-polar antenna. You income 2 feeders to it: one with a +45 degrees and the other with -45 degrees related to verticality. 4- How to install antenna (for Base Transceiver Station ).U use a pole mounting and you ask the radio network planner the following things: antenna height, azimuth to be pointed to, electrical tilt and mechanical tilt, and to what sector(cell) will be mapped( in order to connect it to its designated feeder).Mail me if there are more to be discussed

For rajib : One reason why antennas are not mounted horizontally: because vertical polarization waves are less attenuated than the horizontal ones. If anybody else knows a different reason I look forward for it!

ladi

What is 1PCM?
    For a network be it wirleine or wireless how is the number of trunklines needed derived?Any special
    formula tables where can one find similar resources-traffic tools online?
    Thanks

Jaime

What is T1?
    thanks for help me..

mohammed ghouse pasha

i want to know in gsm systems what is meant by OMCR. and please help me the general view how to install a gsm base station

abhi

whats blackholes?

luis

hi jaime

t1 is the american standard for time division multiplexing. is similar to e1 but has reduced number of time slots available (24) and a different frame format (uses the first bits of each time slot i think to signal the frame and sync of frame)

Manu.K.

Dear friends,
    Its really wonderful to see all techy people sharing their knowledge and raising their questions… I am working with one of leading basic operator with Siemens switch-EWSD. SO pls any questions can be raised abt this and also I w’d like to share the what ever expereince I have. I hope my entry will not disturb any one…
    I am handling Routing and Charging, No.planning, CCR,etc. I think Sudhir can help to know more abt the same…

Also I w’d like to know abt the AXE configuration comparing with EWSD from Mr.Jerry..if possible

Thanx
    Manu.K.

mostafa

To pasha:
    OMC-R : operation & maintenance Centre concerning radio (BSS) side.

Capkapak

Hi I used to work for Siemens Ltd in Australia on the EWSD. I’ll be glad to help anyone who has questions regarding this switch.

One question though, does anyone here know how to go about frequency and capicity planning on the BSS side.

Carlos

i’m currently doing a hybrid Masters Research related to both an MBA as well as a MSc Eng. entitled ‘MVNO – a technical and business approach in a low density population’.
    Anyone out there who’s interested in this new technology…do drop me a line at mailto:myzoro@yahoo.com
    i can share my research with you if there’s someone else doing this as well.
    Cheers

Manu.k.

Hi capkapak
    pls let me know abt the use of ORIGs used in the Routing of the EWSD switch. If u can explain more abt it I will be glad…
    thanks in advance,
    bye
    Manu.

Ron

For Capkapak,

I’ve conducted many major frequency retunes and have used CellOpt as the main tool. You will also need the following as inputs into CellOpt:
    1) Traffic weighted C/I interference matrix of the network to be frequency planned.
    2) Carrier List (Contains number of TRX’s to be planned per sector)
    3) List of sector adjacencies (Handover list)
    4) CellOpt Frequency planning rules i.e set channel spacing, penalties for co and adj channel interference etc.

Rgrs, Ron…

TIBA

I AM WORKING IN “MPLS & CDMA” IF ANY ONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE E_MAIL TO ME.
    THANKS

Satish

Hi,

Can anyone explain MSC 2000 (Ericsson AXE switch). I am not able to find any technical documentation on it. Can you plese help in letting me know if the same switch can work for CDMA or TDMA or GSM. If not (I think some changes are required like software and some hardware) then what needs to be changed in the hardware to convert a TDMA switch to GSM switch or GSM switch to TDMA switch.

Thanks

Regards

Satish

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 410 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.