Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

MS power prediction after HO

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Nashaat

Dears
    any information about this parameter (MS power prediction after HO) that should be activated or.. & Why?
    any comment will be appreciated,

Thanks

Pix

Hello Nashaat,

I can’t answer your question, but if you don’t mind to tell me : Which vendor are you using ?

Thx,
    Pix

Nashaat

Hi Pix
    Thanks for your reply

Our Vendor is Huawei,
    i don’t know if its concord with your experience or not, with that your great offer is appreciated,

Thanks

pix

nashaat,
    i’m sorry but i have no idea what kind of feature is behind this parameter. By default, after a handover, the MS emits at full power until the new BTS sends him a new MS TX power on SACCH.
    With this parameter, It looks like the MS can keep the previous power before HO… but i don’t see how that’s possible. It might work for collocated sites ? Or based on DL measurements, the MS can predict the path loss difference in UL between serving cell and target cell ???

I really have no idea how that would work…

Abdel

Hi Nashaat

What is the BSC model you are using? is it Huawei BSC32 or BSC6000?
    The parameter you are asking(MS power prediction after HO) indicates whether the MS uses the optimum transmit power to access a new channel after the handover.

Abdel

Abdel

This parameter has a default value of NO. It will help you to reduce interference and improve the service performance. I think the Handover algorithm in Huawei BSC is flexible and powerful.

Abdel

Pix

“MS uses the optimum transmit power to access a new channel after the handover.”

How does the MS do it ? Do you know the explanation ?

Shobhit

Hi,
    Plz anyone explain me what is DAC value.

Rgrds

Abdel

Hi Pix,

I don’t know the technical details of this parameter. I just took this in our RNO training from Huawei. What I have seen is a couple of Huawei-made parameters and their technical details are not easily found. I asked our intructor and he said I have to ask the R&D. Huawei claim they are one of the leading in Power control and Handover.

Abdel

Abdel

Hi Shaheet,

This kind of parameters can be carefully enabled by Huawei RNO engineers who have experience using it. Personally, I wouldn’t recommend to use it unless you know exactly how it works. Try to optimize your network with the known parameters.
    What do you think Pix?

Abdel

pix

I think 2 things :

1. Huawei instructor does not know how work this feature. He must not be a great instructor…

2. I would enable this feature on one or two cells and perform some drivetests to understand how it works 🙂 But otherwise, yes, i don’t enable a feature if i don’t know exactly what it does. It’s not fun…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.