Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Inter-cell HO Hys.

• This topic has 16 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 16 years ago by pix.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Rack

Hi Pix
    Can you tell us the benefit of Inter-cell HO Hys. parameter & with which parameter have to change with the condition please?

Thanks

pix

Hello Rack,

Intercell HO Hys. parameter ? what is it ?
    Is it the Hysteresis ? Are you talking about the HO MARGIN (from cause “better cell handover”) ?

amkam

inter-cell HO Hysteresis :
    has a defualt value : 4 for urban areas
    and value of 8 : in suburban or rural areas
    we use this hysteresis to avoid the ping pong handover when we dealing with no server dominant in a giving area .

speedy

hi pix !
    Can you tell us the benefit of Inter-cell HO Hys. parameter & with which parameter have to change with the condition please
    regards,

Abdel

Inter cell HO hystersis is a parameter which tries to make less handovers between cells with different Location areas to avoid to many signalling and location updates.

pix

i’m confused about this parameter, i don’t know its exact definition.
    Is it about Better cell Handover between two cells that belong to different LACs or between cells ?

This is anyway a very simple parameter, isn’t it ? Try different settings, and do a drive test, you’ll certainly find the best value by yourself ?

Bilal

Abdel,

You are mixing up HO_Hysteresis with “Cell Reselect Hysteresis”.

HO Hysteresis is applied to every neighbor relation regardless of their LA and it is used in dedicated mode. Cell Reselect Hysteresis is used in idle mode re-selection only when the target and source belong to different LAs

sam

hi all,

i had read that HO margin is being mixed up with HO hys, but this is not so. HO margin is basically the difference in values of serving and neighbour cell after which HO takes place. HO hys is basically the area where the serving and neighbour has approximately same values, and HO generally takes place beyond this area.

pix

sam,

your definition of ho hyst is not very clear. “ho hyst is an area…” ?

if HO Hyst is a parameter, and if it coexists with HO margin, then it must have a proper definition that differentiates it.

sam

pix,

i mean to say that HO hys is a parameter which defines an area.

now i think its clear whats HO margin and whats HO hys

pix

sam,

it’s still not clear to me at all.. can you give me a typical value for ho hyst ?

ho hyst = 1 square kilometer ?

if ho hyst is an area, the unit must be in square kilometers.

sam

pix,

i said its a parameter which defines an area….

it has a step size of 2, by which you can increase or decrease its value.

Bilal

HO hysteresis is the value by which a neighbor cell’s Signal Strenght must exceed the serving cell’s Signal strength to make a handover. It does create a Hysteresis corridor around the nominal cell border to avoid the ping pong handovers.

Pix

Bilal,

so that’s like the HO Margin, isn’t it ?

Bilal

Haven’t seen HO margin in Ericsson. Has it got the same function as Hysteresis?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.