Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Do we have MSISDN in SIM card

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    rahul

DO we have MSISDN in SIM for any reason after provisioning.Do anybody has the idea about it?
    If yes then how SIM card knows about MSISDN and why it requires?

Abdel

As far as I know there is no MSISDN in the simcard. Please can you give us more explanation why you looking for this? so we can have a clearer picture about your requirement.

Thanks

Abdel

rahul

one of my friend is saying that is also there in SIM mamory after provisioning.

paraHO

There is alot written about this and below are just some observations.

EFMSISDN (7F106F40) is an “OPTIONAL” elementary file under DFTelecom (7F10) directory in SIM.

It is practical from a user’s perspective to look up using MS own number and those for fax and data. A user can delete or input any alpha-numeric data the user wants in this EF. A service provider uses it to link with IMSI when supplying MS to customer.

In SIM, the SIM Service Table (7F206F38) is a “MANDATORY” elementary file for DFGSM directory. Service no.9 is MSISDN. If EFMSISDN is allocated and activated the ME can read the file for the purposes of dialling numbers. To do that it needs to work with “shared” data when permitted, using EFCCP Capability Configuration Parameters (7F106F3D) in DFTelecom directory. This may also require the ME to read EFEXT1 Extention (7F106F4A) if the length of dialling digits are longer than defined for each file in EFMSISDN.

There is alot more – see GSM11.11 Subscriber identity module.

Also you may want to look at these standards below, which lead to other standard for MAP, HLR, VLR, SMS, billing

GSM 02.81 Line identification supplementary services
    GSM 03.02 Network Architecture
    GSM 03.12 Location registration procedures
    GSM 12.02 Subscriber, Mobile Equipment and services data administration

As for provisioning question – if it relates to radio side provisioning I do not know how it would impact in this area as IMSI is transmitted and the network uses registers to determine MSISDN.

Bogomil

iccid/msisdn

paraHO

Bogomil, how are provisioning iccid connected to a particular msisdn?

thx paraHO

Mohamed Shehata

Hi
    I got SMS that my request for MSISD deletion has been completed, and I did not request that, what is the reason and how can I return my line back?

Muhammad Safiullahj

Dear
    I received msg from du that you msd deletation has successfullycompleted. But how i return to my sim. Signals lost.
    I did nothing

Trevor

I just received this message on my phone how do I restore my number? “Hi,Your request for MSISDN deletion has been completed successfully.”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.