Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

RX_lev_min

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lycan

hi all! whats the effect if i modify this parameter from default -100 to ..-96? thank u

Forouzan

Hi

this can push away the MSs which the BTS is recieving signal lower than -96 from.So the cell wont be reachable for mobiles which are far from your cell and/or have lower signal for any other reason.

Abdel

This decreases the coverage of the cell.

Abdel

pix

Hi,

I can see some confusion.. there is a difference between “rxlev access min” and “rxlev min”.

rxlev_min = 96dBm means that the cell will accept incoming HO only if the incoming MS measures it with more than -96dBm.

During the candidate cell evaluation, the HO is possible towards the neighbor n1 only if :
    AV_RXLEV_NCELL(n1) >= RLEV_MIN(n1)

RXLEV ACCESS MIN is the limit under which a BTS will not decode an incoming CHANNEL REQUEST

“Reduce the coverage of the cell” is not really precise : if rxlev min is reduced, then it means the cell is less likely to receive an incoming HO.
    If rxlev access min is reduced, then the area in which a call setup is allowed is decreased, yes. But if a call is starting at -65dBm, and decreases below the RXLEV ACCESS MIN, it is not rejected. So the cell coverage is as big as possible IF the call is alread setup.

Regards,
    Pix

Forouzan

Well,i explained RXLEV Access min,RXLEV_min is mainly for HO decision.We also have the threshold for Power control decision.You should say which command you should execute for this parameter.

Lycan

Hi all! this is for HO reasons. which i plan to tweak to improve ho kpi.thanks for all the help. you guys are really nice to help/support.

Pix

You might enhance HO KPI, but you might increase call drop rate ! Beware : the HO will be forbidden if neighbor below -96dBm. I would not play around with this parameter. I’d rather use the HO_MARGIN_LEV (PBGT Filtering)

vaibhav

what is the value of rxlevelmincell and what does it do and for which kpi improvement it is used. In my network its value are 0,5,10

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.