Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

extended cell?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Lycan

hi all! what is an extended cellsite? many thanks

Abdel

Extended cellsite is a site which has a coverage of 121 km of coverage. Because it is using double timeslot to increase the Timing Advance to 219 bits. While normal site have a maximum of 64 bits. Every bit stands for 0.55 km. Mostly, to implement this kind of site you have to get license from the vendor.

Abdel

Abdel

But remember coverage is effected by the terrain or the eviroment if the area around the side is hilly it will not go beyond that hills. To achieve this coverage you need a flat land just like the sea.

Abdel

Klumzy

Abdel,

What do you mean by double timeslot?
    Do you mean that an extended cell having for example 2 TRXs 1 BCCH and 1 SDCCH/8 can serve only 7 users (each user occupying 2 TS)?

pix

two consecutive timeslots serve one TCH only. So in your example :
    TRX 1 = 6 radio TS = 3 TCH
    TRX 2 = 8 radio TS = 4 TCH

But this is a extended cell as implemented by ericsson or huawei. For alcatel, for example, the extended cell uses a different solution. The max range = 64km only, but 1 radio TS = 1 TCH.

Regards,
    Pix

Abdel

Hi pix, it seems you have a great experience in different vendors and the way they implement their different technologies and applications. I think you have also great experience on Huawei do you? Me I work on BSC6000 the latest BSC from Huawei.

Abdel

pix

hi abdel,

i have good experience with alcatel only, but i’m keeping myself informed about other vendors as well 🙂 competition intelligence, if you see what i mean…

the only things i know about huawei is that most of their BSS soft/hard comes from Ericsson (copycat ?), they are cheap, system works OK (can you confirm ?) but they lack good project management… maybe you can share your huawei’s experience ? (i’m guessing you’re working at the operator’s side, so you can be quite objective)

regards,
    pix

paraHO

Have you used Repeaters (GSM1126) in order to re-transmitter to increase coverage km in hilly areas?

Lycan

how can i optimize an extended cell?.. my prob is HO incoming to this cell…thank you all!

Abdel

Hi Lycan,

What kind of HO problem are you experiencing? is it 100% HO failure. Please give us more details about your problem.
    Yes ParaOH, I forgot about the Repeaters, they are usefull in the hilly areas where the signal is unreachable or poor.

Abdel

Lycan

Hi! yes we are having 100% incoming failures to this sector4. this cell is used to cover a far away area..must be VIP. any parameters i should modify to atleast reduce the HO incoming failures?.. its killing the KPI. thanks much!

Abdel

Hi Lycan,

This might be a configuration error or problem, have you checked whether the target cell have adjacent relationship or not? also try to use BSSAP trace it may help you to indentify the problem also.

Abdel

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.