Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Erlang — min and/or sec

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jenny Asplund

Hi!

I would be very happy if anyone could tell me how to convert erlang into “actual” time. I’m doing a web-application for our help desk. Every week the help desk receives a document containing information about erlang, number of calls, que time etc. The application are gonna use all this information to present statistics. The only problem is that I do not know how to convert erlang into minutes and/or seconds, and I’m in desperate need of help. If there is anyone that know the answer to my problem, please contact me!

Regards

Jenny Asplund
    Software engineer
    Linkoping University, Sweden

Jose QUintero

Jenny,

There is a way to convert Erlag to Minutos of conversation (By month or by year)

Send me a emal in order to discus how to get that.

jquintero@alcatel.com.ve

Regards

Larry B

Erlangs are simply hours of traffic per hour of real time, usually during the busy hour. For example, if the busy hour is denoted as 10 erlangs, then that means 10 hours in that busy hour of traffic was offered (or carried, depending on the source of the data) to the system. Multiply erlangs by 60 to get the offered (or carried) minutes and then again by 60 to get offered (or carried) seconds.

Luis M

Erlang is addimentional figure, you have erlang just multiply by 60 then result is minutes.

Sudhir

Erlang is a unit for traffic measurement. 1 erlang is Ckt occupied by the voice channel for one hour. this hour is the peak bussy hour of the network. to convert erlangs into minutes multiply by 60(as 1 hr is 60min) and if u want to convert erlang into seconds multiply by 3600(1hr is 3600sec).

Jenny Asplund

My problem is solved. Thanks everybody for your help.

Regards

Jenny Asplund
    Software engineer
    Linkoping University, Sweden

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.