Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Litterature on mathematical models

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    lh

Hi;
    I am interested in tips on litterature on mathematical models on e.g. this:
    I have estimates for TIS & TRP respectively for some different environments for two different phone models. I know network performance for one of the phones, and want to calculate network performance for the second phone model. How does a lower TIS & TRP (sensitivity and transmitted power) in a cell phone affect the performance in a network environoment, e.g. more dropped calls, decreased setup call success etc.

Any tips on relevant books etc are highly appreciated.

pix

it depends :

do you have a good overlap with neighbor cells or not ? if you’re in a city, with high gsm coverage, having a phone with low TIS/TRP will probably not impact the KPI.

if you’re in a rural area, designed in such a way that at the cell border you’re having “critical” radio conditions (just before making HO to neighbor), then the impact of TIS and TRP is high.

You’ll measure : more call drop rate, less ho success rate, more emergency ho rate (on low dl signal strentgh, or low ul sign str.), less tch traffic in the cell, and also :
    more sdcch assign failure rate
    lower average RXLEV in the cell
    less power control adaptation (the average BTS power attenuation and MS power attenuation will be a bit less than before)

that’s about it…
    regards,
    pix

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.