Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

DTF and VSWR measurement

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Habib

In a site, In DTF mode I am getting two peak 1.113 at 30.85(peak at antenna) meter and 1.072 at 28.60 meter(I think this is the antenna port).antenna length is 2.7 meter.

In VSWR mode I am getting 1.217 in 943.82 mhz.

To me it seems okay. But someone is saying that since the DTF value is high, it can not be accepted eventhough the VSWR value is less.

Is that right?

Can anyone tell me whether I can accept the value and explain the deatils in this regard.

Please answer and it will be a great help if I get the answer quickly.

Ibrahim

Habib,

That’s right. Because u have an acceptable SWR reading for 943.82 MHZ and not all frequencies, whereas the DTF value may not at the same frequency u mentioned.

Regards,

RF

DTF it’s distance fo fault , it’s indicate the hurted point , your value I think just check the connector

emreigrek

what is the acceptable peak value in dtf mode?

Santosh Kumar

What Is DTF pls give explaion.How can we remove it?? Give so possibility

finn

DTF? remove it? what do you mean? its part of the test.

Habib,

have you got a DTF with dummy load at the end of the feeder? try also DTF with the load at the end of the last tail. if its alright, then there is the problem with the antenna.. but you are in the range of 900MHz, so acceptable VSWR is limit is 1.4 = 15.6dB on Return-Loss. on the DTF acceptable limit is 1.05 along your cable from the origin to the end.

huzaifa naveed

what is DTF?

bluep

DTF : Distance To Fault
    Using this mode to find the faulty point in feeder ( most of them comes from connector )

@Habib: Your SWR results are ok. I think there is no problem

Juzaillan Mohamed

what correct way to test antenna feeder system using anritsu site master for system 1710mhz to 2690Mhz? and how about gsm 800mhz until lte 2600mhz?

jamil

hi Juzaillan all the GSM when you want to test it should be 100 different means if you have GSM 800 you should put the machine from 760 to 860

Leonardo

Hi! What does DTF or VSWR stands for

Wijerathna

Guys, when measuring with site master, is it the physical distance of the cable or an electrical distance? e.g. when I have a peak at 2m, does it mean 2m physical length or do I need to do a conversion
    Thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.