Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SMS Call Forward

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    scor

Hello,

Im into OMC side.

Call Forward is allowed in a voice call then why is that the same cannot happen for SMS.
    Voice call Interrogates with HLR and as per C Table CF happens. Same can happen for SMS also so why is it not happening.
    Can anyone help on this

Thks

pix

hello scor,

that’s a good idea 🙂 that should be a SMS-C feature…

scor

Hello Mr.Pix,

Is it possible.. Can we have the C Feature in SMSC server also.

Thks

pix

scor,

the SMS-C = the SMSC

i don’t know if the feature exists, but your idea is good.

Abdel

Hi Scor

I have not seen this kind of SMSC feature but in ZTE equipment you can forward the FAX and other data services. For the SMS you can only use barring incoming or outgoing SMSs.

Abdel

Scor

Hi Albel,

Are u referring the voice path in Data & FAX CF or is it the actual data. If it is actual data then the SMS also should happen.

Thks

Abdel

Hi scor,

I am refering to the voice path in Data & FAX CF.

Abdel

Naren

Hi scor,

SMSC doesnt interrogate the Dialing prefix tables…unlike the Voice call..This is just SCCP routing…

SMS—> Sends the message to the message centre but not to the Mt directly

scor

Hi Naren,

When a SMS is sent from the Message Center of MSC it has to deliver to the MS. So at that point of time can we have some kind of CF feature .

Thks

Naren

hi Scor,

technically speaking You cannot from the MSC..As per GSM standards…But some mobiles like blackberry and other model do support of forwarding..but this is all on device side

scor

hi naren,

IM little confused. How can a sms or data forward is dependent on the device. Can u kindly brief me more on this.
    We are using comverse and logica SMSC servers.

Thks

Naren

Device manager V 1.x

The forward SMS job allows a device to forward all unread SMS messages to another SMS device using the specified phone number. The forward SMS job uses notification handlers for sending the data from the Device Manager server to the device.

To make a forward SMS job, the administrator uses the Device Manager console to enable or disable all new SMS messages to be forwarded to the forward SMS phone number.

Forward SMS jobs are available for the following device class:

* Symbian OS

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.