Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

GPRS_UL_TBF_Establishment_Fail

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Neno

dear all
    first good avter noon, i need your help as i have i problem in GPRS_UL_TBF_Establishment_Fail

B. Regards

pix

it sounds like you’re working with alcatel ?

reset the cell(s), then reset the GPU, and check your GPU usage : you might need an extension of GPU’s. Check also your current NSS and BSS release, there might be some new releases that fix this kind of issues.

(FYI, gprs ul estab fail is a typical alcatel B8 problem, so don’t hesitate to raise this issue to your vendor’s interface)

Neno

thanks PIX
    please i need more deatails about this problem, since we are using alcatel B8.
    please if you dont mind i need tour email

pix

please, contact your TPM, he’ll guide you through this…

NarChai

Hi friend
    If GPRS_UL_TBF_Establishment_Fail only UL but DL is normal and most of failure come from RF and there no HW fault(TRE).
    I recommend you check cell parameter “GAMMA_TNx=0” or not? if not correct them.

TNS

Hi all,
    I’m agree wiht NarChai…
    If you will check the Gamma parameter, take a look to the Alpha parameter too…
    Good look

Neno

hello NarChai
    why GAMMA_TNx should be equal to zero, waht do you think about that PIX

pix

gamma = 0 means you disable UL PC for GPRS (note : this doesn’t disable UL PC for GSM 🙂 )

it is correct that UL PC for GPRS can have a negative impact on UL establishment sometimes (bugs in MS ? bugs in software ?). Try to put it to zero, and see if it helps.

Pix

Neno

Hi PIX
    if we put it 20 what is that mean

B.R.

pix

it’s complicated, i don’t have time to explain… if you put 20, it means you have UL PC for GPRS = enable, but with a quite safe value (30 is default, but a bit aggressive)

try 0, my friend…

pix

Neno

Dear Pix

iam sory if i am wasting your time but realy i trust in your answers

pix

you’re not wasting my time, it’s just that I don’t have the time 🙂

i’ll just give you the formula by memory…

tx power of the next burst (i.e. timeslot) :
    UL TX POWER = GAMMA – ALPHA*(DL RXLEV + 48)

This is a linear equation, i’ll let you do the excel macro and try different values. If you have questions, don’t hesitate.

Pix

NarChai

Hi neno

How about your problem? i has problem in my network same you and i solve that i recommend you. i not sure about this parameter.
    So PIX can explain you better me.

I just share!

pix

narchai,

have you tried turning it back on ? the same thing happened to me, ul estab = terrible for many cells. It started this way :

I enabled the PC UL GPRS. Everything worked fine for a while. Then suddenly the UL estab decreased terribly. As a troubleshooting procedure, UL PC was deactivated, and that solved the problem !
    I think i re-enabled it for test trial, and it worked fine also… very weird. It might be due to some MS not supporting UL GPRS PC (??).

Pix.

Yogesh singh

Hi,
    Pls try the following values of Parameters:
    1.GAMMA=0,ALPHA=0,
    ALPHA is sent from the BSC to the MS and decides the level of reduction of the MS output power in relation to the path loss. The values are given as a multiple of 10, i.e. the value 5 means the reduction level of 0.5.
    GAMMA is sent from the BSC to the MS to give a target value for the
    received signal strength at the BTS. The GPRS have no dynamic power regulation. So if the GAMMA is set to 0dB the MS will send max power when sending data on the PDCH. GAMMA =16dB gives that the MS will always send (max power – 16dB) on the PDCH. So if the GAMMA = 16dB in some area in some cells the BSC will not hear the MS when the MS have been given a PDCH to send on.
    2.Check for PDCHPREEMPT:Default is 0 can be set to 2 depending on CS Traffic, so that only idle ondemand PDCHs will be preempted.
    3.Put TBFULLIMIT=1,default is 2

Rgds
    Yogesh

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.